Central Capital/Endeavour

Options
I recieved a letter from Central Capital after sending them a questionnaire saying it is 'Time Barred as I took the loan out on 2003', they werent regulated by the FOS, so they will not deal with my complaint. They say I should talk to my loan company Endeavour as they set up PPI?? It is up to them what refund i recieve?

Should I reply to the letter saying Im not happy with the response, I have contacted Endeavour who are looking at my complaint but I dont think they'll do much as theyre not the broker??

Any help xx

Comments

• halphy
    halphy Posts: 593 Forumite
    Options
    anyone help?
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    halphy wrote: »
    I recieved a letter from Central Capital after sending them a questionnaire saying it is 'Time Barred as I took the loan out on 2003', they werent regulated by the FOS, so they will not deal with my complaint. They say I should talk to my loan company Endeavour as they set up PPI?? It is up to them what refund i recieve?

Should I reply to the letter saying Im not happy with the response, I have contacted Endeavour who are looking at my complaint but I dont think they'll do much as theyre not the broker??

Any help xx

Hi Halphy
    Hope your well.;)

Yes when you settled the loan, then it would have been up to Endeavour to have calculated any rebate, in your case if I remember correctly you did not have one, so I would therefore write a letter and not use a questionnaire and make a complaint on the non rebate.

But in regards of the mis selling, it would be Central Capital as they were the broker, they would not have sorted the rebate on settlement side of it but they did set up and sell you the policy, you could give it another go;)

Another avenue would then be the insurer direction.:)X
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Andy_Boro_2
    Andy_Boro_2 Posts: 163 Forumite
    edited 2 August 2010 at 2:33PM
    Options
    good luck let us know how you get on, if the broker is no longer trading i beleive you can go through the financial services compensation scheme www.fscs.org.uk
  • halphy
    Options
    Andy_Boro wrote: »
    good luck let us know how you get on, if the broker is no longer trading i beleive you can go through the financial services compensation scheme www.fscs.org.uk

They werent covered by the FOS as i took loann out in 2003 :mad:
  • halphy
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi Halphy
    Hope your well.;)

Yes when you settled the loan, then it would have been up to Endeavour to have calculated any rebate, in your case if I remember correctly you did not have one, so I would therefore write a letter and not use a questionnaire and make a complaint on the non rebate.

But in regards of the mis selling, it would be Central Capital as they were the broker, they would not have sorted the rebate on settlement side of it but they did set up and sell you the policy, you could give it another go;)

Another avenue would then be the insurer direction.:)X

Thanks Di, hope youre ok and taking time to answer me. I will do both! Im calling again on Fri x
  • halphy
    Options
    Any ideas on what id write for a non rebate?
  • di3004
    Options
    Hi Halphy
    Hope your well.

Getting there thank you.
    There is loads involved organising a funeral isn't it?
    Still we are getting there and just want the best for my lovely dad, so it will all be worth it in the end, it will be a lovely service for him.;)

I don't think there are any templates for non rebates, but try to write something along the lines that you were recently going through your paperwork and realised that its unfair that you were not given a rebate considering you settled your loan very early.

Tell them you want this investigated and request them to consider they refund you the rebate that you did not have and believe you should have had.
    Then tell them you understand that the FOS take these complaints into consideration, and if they don't resolve this by 8 weeks then you will ask the FOS to take a look.

I'm sure it will come to you as you go along.:)X
  • halphy
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi Halphy
    Hope your well.

Getting there thank you.
    There is loads involved organising a funeral isn't it?
    Still we are getting there and just want the best for my lovely dad, so it will all be worth it in the end, it will be a lovely service for him.;)

I don't think there are any templates for non rebates, but try to write something along the lines that you were recently going through your paperwork and realised that its unfair that you were not given a rebate considering you settled your loan very early.

Tell them you want this investigated and request them to consider they refund you the rebate that you did not have and believe you should have had.
    Then tell them you understand that the FOS take these complaints into consideration, and if they don't resolve this by 8 weeks then you will ask the FOS to take a look.

I'm sure it will come to you as you go along.:)X

You're a gem Di :) Im sure it will be a lovely service for your Dad, celebrate his life as I'm sure he'd want u to xxxx
  • di3004
    Options
    halphy wrote: »
    You're a gem Di :) Im sure it will be a lovely service for your Dad, celebrate his life as I'm sure he'd want u to xxxx

Thank you honey.:AXXXX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family