GE Capital or Kitchens Direct - who to pursue PPI claim?

Options
I took out a loan in 2003 when buying a kitchen from Kitchens Direct. Their sales rep sold me the loan, forcing me into including PPI. I want to pursue a claim for mis-selling PPI but am encountering problems. I wrote a letter to Kitchens Direct using the template on this site. They replied stating as the loan is with GE Capital, they are not liable. I then sent the same letter to GE Capital only to be told the opposite, because Kitchens Direct sold me the policy. I have read somewhere that as KD were agents for GE, GE are liable.

Checking the original paperwork, (the loan was originally with First National, then taken over by GE Capital,) it states:

"A major benefit of being a First National customer is that you will receive protection under the Consumer Credit Act.

Because you home improvement installer and First National are acting as joint suppliers, both companies are equally responsible for the goods supplied. From the moment we send out your acceptance letter your deposit is safeguarded and we'll uphold the guarantee that is provided by your installer.

We only work with companies that have undergone our thorough vetting procedure, and whose guarantee we feel confident in upholding."

Please advise who it is I need to pursue. Who is ultimately responsible for the mis-selling?

Please help!

Comments

• halphy
    halphy Posts: 593 Forumite
    Options
    Its usually the broker or person who set up your loan. x
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You will do better to go for the insurer rather than the lender.

It may be one and the same of course but if it is not them they probably know who sold it.
  • ginger5092
    ginger5092 Posts: 46 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi Dippeedee
    I did exactly the same as you

However it transpires the loan was through First Plus which I settlled early

Anyway, I have written to them telling them in no uncertain terms,you settle my claim or let war commence,so sick of being screwewd by these a
    holes will keep you posted

Regards

Ginger
  • Johnmilesfan
    Options
    I have the same situation as you. Did you get anywhere with this & who if anyone paid up?
    Thanks

Stephen
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    9 years ago!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    BoGoF wrote: »
    9 years ago!
    To be fair, "Ginger" last logged on only a year ago. Nevertheless, I think he'd have been surprised to see his decade-old thread revived. :)

Odd that so many very old threads are currently being bumped.

I wonder could this be the result of the boringly long school holidays???:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure