New Post Advanced Search

boxing in a combi boiler

1 reply 1.5K views
pedigreeblupedigreeblu Forumite
61 posts
ive just had a new bath suite fitted and walls tiled and have gone well over budget and am now trying to find a cheap way of boxing in my combi boileri want a corner unit to go floor to ceiling to enclose the boiler (i understand it needs ventilation), the combi boiler is near enough on the floor and i want the unit to enclose it but i also need access to it, above it i want to make cuboard space for towels etc,,,,,,,any ideas where i can start looking,,as you can gather i aint much of a handy man,,,
Titch :)

Replies

• alanobrienalanobrien Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    ive just had a new bath suite fitted and walls tiled and have gone well over budget and am now trying to find a cheap way of boxing in my combi boileri want a corner unit to go floor to ceiling to enclose the boiler (i understand it needs ventilation), the combi boiler is near enough on the floor and i want the unit to enclose it but i also need access to it, above it i want to make cuboard space for towels etc,,,,,,,any ideas where i can start looking,,as you can gather i aint much of a handy man,,,

Measure it up and then if you have a local branch of Wickes see what they can offer. Their kitchen unit carcass
    prices are very good.
    You may be able to fit it in one of these and then just buy a reasonable looking door.

Another option is to DIY with MDF but that depends on how good your DIY skills are.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support