🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

How much have/will you spend today Wed 6/9?

Options
Good morning folks

Another day and hopefully many dollars!!!

Mine has not started well as I just had to refund some tickets I had bought and the company has a policy with non refundable booking fee so I am £30 down :mad:

Apart from that, I didn't bring lunch in with me today so I anticipate a spend of about £3 at lunch time. Also, bought the paper as it's jobs day (70p) but nothing interesting in it :( So £3.70 anticipated actual spend.

Still, the sun is shining, I am feeling reasonably healthy and have a lot to be tahnkful and smilling for, including being part of this lovely forum :T

Have a great day and if it can't be a non spender, keep it low.

Moozie x
Leason learnt :beer:

Comments

• Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Hopefully nothing but I may have to get some petrol

My friend is treating me to a day at a local hotel - gym, swimming, jacuzzi, sauna :j

Yesterday though, mad day, couldn't get online - £3.80 on drinks :eek: But friend needed an ear so well worth it.
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • Imelda
    Imelda Posts: 1,399 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi gang,

I am going for my third no spend this week, have lunch with me (and ingredients for tomorrow's as I am staying at the OH's). I WILL do 4 days this week!
    Saving for an early retirement!
  • littlestar1981
    Options
    I've not had a no spend day yet!

Today I've spent:

50p on cups of tea
    £1.20 on a horrid breakfast
    60p parking at the doctors
    £6.60 (or whatever it is now) for a prescription for RSI!
    And lunch to do yet.

:mad:
    OU Student! - ED209, SDK125, DSE212, SK124, DSE141, SD226, DXR222, DD303, DD307 = BSc Psychology
  • vodkabarbie
    Options
    had to buy lunch today which has cost me £5....but hopefully no other spend!
    Good luck everyone!
    Grocery Challenge: target 400: so far spent 247
    Credit Card [STRIKE]3231[/STRIKE] 3218
    Overdraft [STRIKE]1215[/STRIKE] 1122.27
  • ozzyfan_2
    Options
    It'll be a no spender for me today :j

For everyone who isn't working on Saturday & is in need of a day out for free (apart from petrol/bus fare!) this was in Martins tips today but I thought I'd post it here in case anyone missed it. Its free entry to 100's of National Trust places to celebrate Heritage Open Days. Hope it helps someone have a nice day out & thanks to BASIL for posting it originally :T

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=254709
  • northern_star
    Options
    daren't even think about how much today will cost me - car has the most bizarre and puzzling problem needing urgent and - no doubt - expensive repair. Off to garage this afternoon for assessment, keep your fingers crossed for me folks!

'Live simply so that others may simply live'
  • saubryn
    saubryn Posts: 610 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing so far, but we've just eaten the last of last weeks shop (not bad really, was supposed to last a week, has lasted 10 days) and yesterdays planned shop didn't go ahead, so will probably spend a fiver topping up on things to last till the weekend.
    DFW Nerd No. 140 :)
    Status as of 30/11/12
    [strike]Rent 2500 Council Tax 800 NlPower - 800[/strike][SIZE=-2]:j IF - 8000 :(British Gas - [strike]112[/strike] - 102 Lloyds - 1123
    Barclays - 306 Barclaycard 1,123 HSBC - 200 Capital 1- 400 Barclayloan - 4500[/SIZE]
  • Boatie_Bird
    Options
    So far nothing, but just about to go to lunch with a friend so will be about £5- it's my once a week treat and it's subsidised so I can get something lovely like scampi and chips + a pint for just under £5. Then straight home tonight with no diversions so no more spending.
  • leni
    leni Posts: 942 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just spent £3.10 on 3 cookery books from charity shop including a Jamie Oliver book

DEBT FREE for the first time in 10 years and with savings!

1st Baby due May 2011 :o it's a BOY:j
  • cheletastic
    Options
    A no spend for me today!!:j

have only spent on groceries last two days so doing quite well and won't need to buy any lunches cos got food in the house:D
    Official DFW Nerd - Member 408 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport