Santander Balance Transferre

Options
Lawsey
Lawsey Posts: 21 Forumite
Hi

I've just tried to do an balance transfer onto my new Santander card an was told as i'm not the 'main' card holder on the account I want to transfer from I can't do it.

Does anyone know how they will know if if i'm the 'main' card holder or not? I have a card with my name on and i've spent the money!

Annoying as I only opened the Santander account to to a balance transfer!

Comments

• Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    Lawsey wrote: »
    Hi

I've just tried to do an balance transfer onto my new Santander card an was told as i'm not the 'main' card holder on the account I want to transfer from I can't do it.

Does anyone know how they will know if if i'm the 'main' card holder or not? I have a card with my name on and i've spent the money!

Annoying as I only opened the Santander account to to a balance transfer!
    That's a strange situation. There have been plenty (well, several) reports of people doing transfers from other peoples' cards to theirs. Maybe Santander is different. Normally the companies only ask for the card number not the cardholder's name. Try again and hope for a different agent who won't be so silly.
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • Lawsey
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I 've done balance transfers from this card in the past too, but apparently this is Santander's policy!
  • VinceNoir
    VinceNoir Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    unless it's another santander card, they won't be able to know the other card holders name. They'll ask the name of the cardholder, but that's really just for reference. So if you've said the account name is different to yours, they might have refused to do the transfer then. You could tell them anything for the account name. There's no way it can be verified, and the receiving bank wouldn't reduse the balance transfer.
  • Lawsey
    Options
    Thanks for those replies. I might just try again then and see if it works .... Fingers crossed!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure