New Boiler

Options
We are looking to buy a new boiler, we had a quote from british gas saying it would cost 2200 to fit new one and take away old one!thats ridiculous...surely its cheaper and does anyone have any reccomendations of companies or boilers?

Comments

• penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is this a like for like replacement, or are you changing from an old heat only to a Combi?
    If the later the price is in the right ball park.
    Baxi, Ideal,Worcester Bosch are all good makes.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • ziggyman99
    ziggyman99 Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    It's so hard to know whether it's a good price. It's a bit like me coming on here and saying someone has only offered £500 for my car. You don't know what car it is, what condition it's in, how old it is, etc, etc. You would need to provide a lot more info before anyone on here could give you an opinion. Having said that, £2200 sounds very cheap for BG.
    Baxi are OK-ish, Worcester Bosch are good and I wouldn't touch Ideal with a bargepole. Other good makes to consider would be Vaillant, Viessmann, Remeha.
  • Gerrard_8_lfc
    Options
    ziggyman99 wrote: »
    It's so hard to know whether it's a good price. It's a bit like me coming on here and saying someone has only offered £500 for my car. You don't know what car it is, what condition it's in, how old it is, etc, etc. You would need to provide a lot more info before anyone on here could give you an opinion. Having said that, £2200 sounds very cheap for BG.
    Baxi are OK-ish, Worcester Bosch are good and I wouldn't touch Ideal with a bargepole. Other good makes to consider would be Vaillant, Viessmann, Remeha.

They cut there prices to be more competitive it was advertised in work. they were making a huge song and dance about it that you can get a boiler installation for £1700 don't know what boiler that would be mind you.

OP as ziggy said please be more specifc in what has been put on the table by BG.
    His Heart Proved He Was A Red
    Suarez, Suarez
    We Bought The Lad From Amsterdam
    We Know He's Not a Chelsea Fan.
    Fernando Torres = El Judas
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There are all sorts of ways to fleece a customer.

E.g. you must sign a three year service contract.

BG branded boilers must be fairly low cost to BG, so I expect that's what they will fit, they can also get valves etc. for big discounts. BG might have found some subcontractors willing to take peanuts to do the job, so beware of corner cutting.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure