PPI questions

Options
Apoloies for posting this question again only it was a while ago and cannot remember what the answer was.

Is it possible to claim back PPI from policies that are now closed and were originally taken out over 6 years ago??
basically what i am after is can i try and reclaim PPI from a loan i took out in 2000 but paid off in 2003??

thanks

Comments

• halphy
    halphy Posts: 593 Forumite
    Options
    Yes people have been successful, depends on the company aswell i.e regulated in 2000, send the questionnaire if u have acc number.

Good Luck
  • johnnyroper
    johnnyroper Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    Options
    halphy wrote: »
    Yes people have been successful, depends on the company aswell i.e regulated in 2000, send the questionnaire if u have acc number.

Good Luck

thanks for reply,what is the questionnaire i did not fill this out for my recent barclaycard one just sent a letter requesting it back?

sorry for all questions
  • halphy
    Options
    People have sent letters, i have to some but others I done the questionnaire, don't think its been out long, it covers it all in there, keep a copy for you and post it recorded. Good Luck

Kate
  • trish123
    trish123 Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    Hi i have just successfully reclaimed ppi from a loan taking out in 2000 and paid of in 2004.I only sent one letter
    :rolleyes: Jan grocery challenge £300/£210 spent so far.I can do this:T
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Apoloies for posting this question again only it was a while ago and cannot remember what the answer was.

Is it possible to claim back PPI from policies that are now closed and were originally taken out over 6 years ago??
    basically what i am after is can i try and reclaim PPI from a loan i took out in 2000 but paid off in 2003??

thanks

Hi Johnny and yes you can, many have still been successful from reclaiming from settled policies of the 90's and even the late 80's I believe, if you still have the account number details/any paperwork that will also help.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Johnny

As Halphy says, some write a letter or now use the new recently issue questionnaires, the FOS have not long brought them in and used instead of template letters, you will find this on the loan insurance link that Halphy posted, further down the page as Stage one.
    Remember to keep a copy and its still the usual procedures and as usual 8 weeks.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • johnnyroper
    johnnyroper Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    Options
    thankyou everyone for your input.

i requested a SAR off them that i recieved earlier this week so now just need to fill in the form and send it off got nothing to lose but it will be a nice bonus if i get something back.

will keep you posted on how it goes.
  • halphy
    Options
    thankyou everyone for your input.

i requested a SAR off them that i recieved earlier this week so now just need to fill in the form and send it off got nothing to lose but it will be a nice bonus if i get something back.

will keep you posted on how it goes.

It certainly will, Good luck x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family