Help! Change of Card Suppliers -

Options
Hi,
I took out a Credit Card with Chase Manhattan over 20 years ago. This then was changed to (I think) Alliance and Leicester then MBNA. I have always had a balance of approx £4000 in debit and I am now severly in arrears. I was self employed at the time I took the card out and have only been in someone else's employment for the last 4 years. do you think I have a claim and who do I go after Many thanks.

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    ategid wrote: »
    Hi,
    I took out a Credit Card with Chase Manhattan over 20 years ago. This then was changed to (I think) Alliance and Leicester then MBNA. I have always had a balance of approx £4000 in debit and I am now severly in arrears. I was self employed at the time I took the card out and have only been in someone else's employment for the last 4 years. do you think I have a claim and who do I go after Many thanks.

Hi there

I would check your policy details if you have these, if you don't they will supply them for free for you, but some does cover for self employment.
    However there are lots of mis selling reasons that may also apply to you, so check the link below, and further down the page you will find a questionnaire issued by the FOS as Stage one of the reclaiming, you complete this, keep a copy, and send to who set up and sold you the policy from the start.
    They have 8 weeks in full to respond.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Hope this helps, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • ategid
    ategid Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I have read the article/filled in the questionarie and I'm going to give it a go. What I'm not sure about who do I send it to? Mbna as the lastest card supplier? and for how many years can I claim and from who?
    thanks, dewi
  • di3004
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I have read the article/filled in the questionarie and I'm going to give it a go. What I'm not sure about who do I send it to? Mbna as the lastest card supplier? and for how many years can I claim and from who?
    thanks, dewi

Hi and good luck.

You could send to MBNA but they "may" come back and say they are not the ones who set this up and you must do this with the ones that did, but otherwise ask they pass this on to them for you, but keep an eye on those 8 weeks.;)
  • ategid
    Options
    I was going to send my form to MBNA on Monday but did'nt. I recievd a Barclaycard bill which I'm in arrears with and decided to fill in the Questionaire for them. I found email address for Barclaycard and emailed it. No email to confirm they had received it. Today had an offer for £9295 dated back to October 1990 (interest of £6801.81). Thanks to all. Will try my Barclaycard Mastercard now and MBNS and old Royal Bank of Scotland.:j:j Oh yes, a lot more carefull with my money now.Can clear the card and pay the arrears on mortgage
    'Got to go down in order to look up.'
  • di3004
    Options
    I was going to send my form to MBNA on Monday but did'nt. I recievd a Barclaycard bill which I'm in arrears with and decided to fill in the Questionaire for them. I found email address for Barclaycard and emailed it. No email to confirm they had received it. Today had an offer for £9295 dated back to October 1990 (interest of £6801.81). Thanks to all. Will try my Barclaycard Mastercard now and MBNS and old Royal Bank of Scotland.:j:j Oh yes, a lot more carefull with my money now.Can clear the card and pay the arrears on mortgage
    'Got to go down in order to look up.'

Wow, well done ategid, this is absolutely fab, Congratulations, and great work! :T:beer::j
  • trish123
    trish123 Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    Fantastic news Ategid, good luck with your others.
    :rolleyes: Jan grocery challenge £300/£210 spent so far.I can do this:T
  • ategid
    Options
    Maybe I'm being selfish but I am also going for the charges now!
    As I don't have the statements I am going to take a gamble and ask Barclaycard if they will make me an offer. has anybody tried this way before?
    If this is not successfull I'll ask for the statements and go down that way.
  • di3004
    Options
    Keep at them and good luck ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts