Child DLA re-application advice please

Options
124»

Comments

• Zziggi
    Zziggi Posts: 2,485 Forumite
    Options
    D&DD wrote:
    Zig I think the thing that annoyed me most about them asking the school was the attitude of the Senco.She insinuated because of all our hard work at home and the fact I have not left my son to stagnate (we hired a tutor,follow a special diet,constantly do floor work and all other therapies..)she thought we might lose his claim and most importantly (SHE felt..) his money..I was so cross as I said it seemed like she felt I would rather have the money than see my son reach his full potential :mad: I would far rather my boy never have to struggle like he does than to have any income from his disablities..I must admit I went off on one which I have yet to live down :p
    Also the form is very vague..does he have help to eat,dress,use the toilet..Its all of the above or he chokes/eats what he reacts to,puts clothes on inside out upside down or just stays naked..and comes home soiled everyday where he has no help at school as he doesn't wipe!! Unfortunately the sence doesn't see this,so will she say no to help with everything??I couldn't put his teacher down as we've had 3 this year and his latest one who started on Wednesday for the new term just left...ho hum..:confused:

This is someone of the reasons why i have serious concerns that they should contact teachers at the school.

Teachers don't see everything.
    Some kids don;t have problems during school hours but at night.
    Why should the school know that a parent gets DLA for the child?what business of the school is it to know this info?

I feel very strongly about this and would feel extremely uncomfortable if the school was asked to provide information. As DD&D said above, what business was it of the SENCO to comment on the DLA money? NONE OF HER BUSINESS. But she felt she could comment because she had been asked to provide information. I feel very uneasy about getting info from a school and not just medical-ish people e.g. GP, consultant, physio, OT etc etc
  • billypre
    Options
    yyh y7777777777777777777777777777777777y7
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    billypre wrote: »
    yyh y7777777777777777777777777777777777y7

eh? This thread is 4 years old.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family