Eon fixonline8 to saveonline2? Confused

Options
Marcusp
Marcusp Posts: 125 Forumite
OK, I changed from fixonline whatever to fixonline8 and lost my Tesco points but gained slightly more than their value in cash, on 9th June.

Now we have saveonline2 which appears to be identical to fixonline8 but with Tesco points and runs until Aug 2011.

So if I change to saveonline2 and get my Tesco points back what is the catch?

I am retired and therefore unless the government screws us all up, I know to the penny what my income will be for a year at a time, so I prefer fixed prices so can saveonline2 tariffs be increased or will they stay the same until Aug next year?

Marcus

Comments

• E.ON_Company_Representative
    E.ON_Company_Representative Posts: 806 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Marcus,

SaveOnline version 2 does indeed offer Tesco points, however it is not a fixed tariff, the discount is guaranteed to remain the same until at least the 1 August 2011 but the unit rates can fluctuate up or down.

Your current tariff FixOnline v8 has a cancellation fee so changing from FixOnline to SaveOnline would be deemed breaking of a contract.

Hope this helps Marcus.

Brian :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Marcusp
    Marcusp Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Brian

I won't bother then.

Marcus
  • E.ON_Company_Representative
    E.ON_Company_Representative Posts: 806 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Marcus,

I forgot to mention yesterday that customers taking SaveOnline v2 will receive 1 Tesco point per £2 spent against their energy bills. This is unless the Tesco Clubcard has been registered with us prior to 1 March 2009.

Brian
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure