Query regarding perscription medication on Ryanair flights

Options
Hello, I hope someone can help me.

I have tried to search the Ryanair website and it only refers to diabeties medication.

I suffer from high blood pressure and need to take tables on a daily basis. I will be flying to Alicante in a couple of weeks time and will only be taking one item of hand luggage with me.

What I want to know:-

Can I take my perscription medication on board the flight with me in my hand luggage?

Does it have to be in one of thoes clear plastic bags?

Does it have to be in the original box? (i.e. not just the pill pack but the full pack and instructions?) Does it have to be unused, (no pills taken out of the bubble pack?)

Can I take a perscription skin cream on the flight?

Is a 30g tube too big?

Does it (again) have to be in its original box? Also does it have to be unopened?

As I say, I have tried to find the answers on the Ryanair website, but there is nothing there. I have also looked on the airport website, but again nothing.

I hope I was clear. Thank you for looking

LG
working hard at this thing called life

Comments

• CarolnMalky
    CarolnMalky Posts: 14,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya, I have flew with Ryanair quite a few times and just take our meds in their original foil strips and have never had any problems with them. I have also taken on tablet boxes, you know the ones you fill for each day. A 30g tube should be fine, the limit is 100ml bottles.
    Hope this helps
    Carol xx
    If you obey all the rules...you miss all the fun!! Katherine Hepburn
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    Options
    Ladygrim wrote: »
    Hello, I hope someone can help me.

I have tried to search the Ryanair website and it only refers to diabeties medication.

I suffer from high blood pressure and need to take tables on a daily basis. I will be flying to Alicante in a couple of weeks time and will only be taking one item of hand luggage with me.

What I want to know:-

Can I take my perscription medication on board the flight with me in my hand luggage?

Does it have to be in one of thoes clear plastic bags?

Does it have to be in the original box? (i.e. not just the pill pack but the full pack and instructions?) Does it have to be unused, (no pills taken out of the bubble pack?)

Can I take a perscription skin cream on the flight?

Is a 30g tube too big?

Does it (again) have to be in its original box? Also does it have to be unopened?

As I say, I have tried to find the answers on the Ryanair website, but there is nothing there. I have also looked on the airport website, but again nothing.

I hope I was clear. Thank you for looking

LG

This is really a question about the airport security check not about Ryanair or any particular airline. The flight attendant won't know what you have in your hand baggage.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tablets are absolutely fine to take on board as they are solid; the 30g tube of cream should be fine too as long as it's in one of those plastic bags which you separate from your luggage when you put through the scanner before you get into the departure lounge

HTH
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Publictransport/AirtravelintheUK/DG_078179
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • mountainofdebt
    mountainofdebt Posts: 7,795 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 July 2010 at 11:04PM
    Options
    can't remember why but I seem to remember someone saying keep the medicine in its original box, the one that has the chemists sticker on it
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
  • shaun40400
    shaun40400 Posts: 4,134 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    keep it in your original boxes eth with the chemists stickers on,,,,
    fly 6-8 times a year around Europe,never had a problem...only with the syringes and needles..
    also i keep all my meds in a wash bag as to meny to put into plastic ones
    shaun
    WAS DEBT FREE & STILL BAAARRRRRKING :cool:
    hello my name is shaun,,,and im not so addicted to farmville,still addicted to football:o:o

BAAAARRRRRRRRRRKING er insanely so :o
  • loulou123
    loulou123 Posts: 1,183 Forumite
    Options
    I have taken various meds on ryan air flights and have left them in their orginal boxes (but not necessarily a full box) and put them into the plastic bag for hand luggage and i have never had an issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure