FRUGAL LIVING CHALLENGE part 3, July - Dec 2010

Options

Comments

• NualaBuala
    NualaBuala Posts: 2,507 Forumite
    Options
    NualaBuala - Sending hugs to you.
    Thanks a mill KW, gratefully received! :)
    Trying to spend less time on MSE so I can get more done ... it's not going great so far! :)
    Sorry if I don't reply to posts - I'm having MAJOR trouble keeping up these days!

Frugal Living Challenge 2011

Sealed Pot #671 :A DFW Nerd #1185
  • lyndasharp
    Options
    Just popping on to say I'm still here and keeping on track with spending. I've had a hectic time with work - lots of travelling around. I managed £200 under budget for August, and I'm going to try for that again for September. Chickens have been a big expense this month as they had mites :-( Got some very expensive chemicals from the vets which seems to be doing the trick though. Our cat threw up on the sofa this morning, but it's a leather sofa and seems to have cleaned up OK. DH has possible broken foot but insisted on going in to work today. I'm fine so far....

Good luck with your challenge Jayne. Nuala - our heating came on this morning, it's set to 18degC so it must have been cold! Sending you warm hugs.
    Live on £11k in 2011 :D
  • NualaBuala
    Options
    Thank you Lynda, I'm glad of the hugs! Well done on doing so well with your budget! :T

I don't have a thermostat with the temp marked, it's just numbers. The room thermometer is dropping daily, it's showing 16C now but I feel fine. It was meant to be cold last night so I wore pyjamas (still have summer duvet on) but I was too warm. I'm glad it's not winter yet!
    Trying to spend less time on MSE so I can get more done ... it's not going great so far! :)
    Sorry if I don't reply to posts - I'm having MAJOR trouble keeping up these days!

• landregistrylass
    Options
    Evening all. DH just came in from allotment with a carrier bag of tomatoes - red, green and amber. Freezer full, no jars available .................eek!!!!! Am sure I will find something to do with them all. The runner beans have finished now - they were lovely, and the spring onions wow, the smell when he walked in with them was just fantastic. All in all, he is feeling pretty pleased with himself for 1st year growing prowess. Eb*y sales nearly £90 in 2 weeks. Starting to take things a little more seriously. DGS (x3) all need winter boots. Walking a mile to school in North Yorkshire every day gets very cold and wet. Blees them. Hugs to all who are in need, and handshakes to those who aren't as tactile!
  • NualaBuala
    Options
    Evening all. DH just came in from allotment with a carrier bag of tomatoes - red, green and amber. Freezer full, no jars available .................eek!!!!! Am sure I will find something to do with them all. The runner beans have finished now - they were lovely, and the spring onions wow, the smell when he walked in with them was just fantastic. All in all, he is feeling pretty pleased with himself for 1st year growing prowess. Eb*y sales nearly £90 in 2 weeks. Starting to take things a little more seriously. DGS (x3) all need winter boots. Walking a mile to school in North Yorkshire every day gets very cold and wet. Blees them. Hugs to all who are in need, and handshakes to those who aren't as tactile!
    Thanks LRL. :)

Yum! I love tomatoes so I'm a tad jealous! I heard you can ripen the green tomatoes by leaving them with some bananas if you don't fancy using them green.

Have you looked at these threads for ideas?
    The Preserver's Year
    TOOOOO Many Tomatoes, Help Please

• landregistrylass
    Options
    Nualabuala - no hadnt looked at those pages, so thanks. Just to make you REALLY jealous......... had some of the toms roasted in olive oil and garlic with some (whoopsied!!) salmon and fried up last night's leftover boiled potatoes. Scrummy and delicious. Feel VERY full (oink oink)
  • NualaBuala
    Options
    Haha, yes I AM really jealous!:D It puts me in mind of the Mediterranean ... *wistfully dreams of balmy days eating tomatoes on holidays*

• landregistrylass
    Options
    LOL......................sorry. Temperature really much lower this evening. Its granny blanket time. AND ITS ONLY FLIPPING SEPTEMBER. Will have to run round or do some jobs. Erm........... not going to happen. Its Friday evening and I deserve a feet up time.
  • NualaBuala
    Options
    Same here, am tucked up under 2 rugs so am as snug as a bug in ... erm 2 rugs. :D

• JayneC
    JayneC Posts: 912 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Well had to call a halt to my challenge today, but had not spent anything for at least a couple of days before I started so I have gone a week without spending. I'm quite proud as I didn't have a great deal in to start with.

Reason for stopping today - I had nothing in for DS lunch and had run out of catfood (she had corned beef for breakfast;), Had no bread, no juice, no fruit or veg and not much of anything else. So off to do some shopping tomorrow :D

Agreeing with everyone else it's distinctly chilly today, have a t-shirt, jumper, big cardy and fluffly dressing gown on and still cold:(

Landregistrylass I'm in North Yorks too, wherabouts are you (if you don't mind saying)?
    Official DFW nerd - 282 'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts'
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z member # 56
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family