LLandudno area? Mind the Tesco cola!

Options
Just thought I'd quickly share with you that Tesco value cola may be out of date in the Llandudno area.

I had an order delivered (so I don't know the store name) and the cola was BBE sept 09.
Not just the one either, we got 10 bottles of the stuff all the same, so if you're in the area then have a look before you buy/sign off on the order as it looks like they may have a bit of a stock.

I wouldn't have minded, but it was rancid. :(
This is my opinion. There are many others like it but this is mine
:kisses2: Fiancee of the "lovely" DaveAshton :kisses2:
I am a professional ebay seller. I work hard at my job, I love my job, if you think it's silly that's your problem not mine. :p

Comments

• Wayne3765
    Wayne3765 Posts: 631 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just thought I'd quickly share with you that Tesco value cola may be out of date in the Llandudno area.

I had an order delivered (so I don't know the store name) and the cola was BBE sept 09.
    Not just the one either, we got 10 bottles of the stuff all the same, so if you're in the area then have a look before you buy/sign off on the order as it looks like they may have a bit of a stock.

I doubt that's got anything to do with the BBE date.
  • preable
    preable Posts: 2,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    ewwww i have to throw anything out on the day it expires thats just my ocd lol
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cola does change flavour after a while. One time I visited the MIL and I was given a really rank can of Coke. I looked at the BBE date and it was about 4 years ago!
    The man without a signature.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    preable wrote: »
    ewwww i have to throw anything out on the day it expires thats just my ocd lol

What a waste, may items a fine weeks after there best before date :D
  • TurkishDelight
    TurkishDelight Posts: 7,739 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wayne3765 wrote: »
    I doubt that's got anything to do with the BBE date.
    Snob alert. :p

There's nothing wrong with value cola, well normally.
    This is my opinion. There are many others like it but this is mine
    :kisses2: Fiancee of the "lovely" DaveAshton :kisses2:
    I am a professional ebay seller. I work hard at my job, I love my job, if you think it's silly that's your problem not mine. :p
  • FatAndy
    FatAndy Posts: 7,541 Forumite
    Options

Presumably it would have come from the Llandudno Junction branch which is quite a small store that's recently undergone a re-fit (so maybe they found some old stock that had fallen down the back of a shelf ;)).

If you are in Llandudno area you would be much better off going to Asda (in Llandudno) which is much bigger and much cheaper than Tesco. It's where I'll be going to do the weekly shop tonight even though Tesco is a lot closer to home.
    The fridge is empty, the walls are damp, there's no hot water
    And I look like a tramp and tramps like us
    Baby we were born to walk
  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    I would have thought that an anti capitalist like yourself Andy, would shop at the Co-op.
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Get them reported for it
  • FatAndy
    FatAndy Posts: 7,541 Forumite
    Options
    Coopdivi wrote: »
    I would have thought that an anti capitalist like yourself Andy, would shop at the Co-op.

I'm first and foremost a money saver :D.

I do sometimes use the Co-op for top-ups. Once upon a time I used to work just across the road from the Llandudno branch (which is tiny) and I was in there pretty much everyday. I now work in Colwyn Bay which doesn't have a Co-op so I don't get to go there as frequently as I once did.
    The fridge is empty, the walls are damp, there's no hot water
    And I look like a tramp and tramps like us
    Baby we were born to walk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills