Cheap car insurance

Hi

I have just passed my driving test and am struggling to find cheap car insurance. I have been on price comparison websites and have been looking at cars with small engines. I have increased and decreased the excess but it does not seem to make a difference. Most come in at around 1800 and over barring one company called In the Box-it think that is what it is called-which comes in at 1100-1300 depending on the car and options I choose. The only catch here though is that you have to install one of their devices and would have to pay a premium on anything over 6000 miles, which is the mileage I selected.

Another thing to note is that I am over 25. I had wrongly assumed it would be cheaper for me to get car insurance over someone older.

James Mcnamara

Comments

• adamc260
    adamc260 Posts: 2,055 Forumite
    There's no magical quick fix to get cheap car insurance, all insurers look at, regardless of your age is.... your a high risk on the road and more likely to have an accident. Try adding an experienced driver on, finding the cheapest quote you can, going on a cashback website to see if they offer any? Try doing pass plus or a driver improvement course etc etc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure