Booking a late room at a different hotel?

Options
Hi, I have booked flights and a villa to Menorca at the end of August for 4 adults, 2 teenagers and 1 baby (will be 15 months when we travel).

Out homeward flight leaves at 10.00 pm, but we have to be out of the villa by 10.00 am. This wouldn't usually bother me, but I am concerned about the baby and would ideally like somewhere for us to have a base for the last day.

I emailed the villa company to ask if I could book late use of the villa, but understandably they said they need early access to clean it for the next customers. They have suggested the name of a hotel who may let us have use of a room for 40 euros, which seems reasonable. However, I do know where the hotel is and although in the same resort, from what I can remember, it is at the other end, and would mean lugging our cases from one end to the other, which I would like to avoid.

Ideally, I would try and book a room close to our original villa. Basically, I am just wondering if anybody can suggest what to do, other than booking when we get there (is that the best idea?). Looking on the net, it will only let me put in overnight stays and obviously I don't need this.

Has anybody booked like this before, or have any tips for me?

Thank you

C.

Comments

• delwynshd
    delwynshd Posts: 2,907 Forumite
    Options
    Well I would suggest finding hotels which are near to the villa

Then just use some hotel only sites and price things up

Del
    I am a Travel Agent

My company’s ABTA numbers are P6046. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cazziej wrote: »
    Looking on the net, it will only let me put in overnight stays and obviously I don't need this.

You may not need this but a hotel is highly unlikely to charge you less and some hotels may not let you check in until 3pm.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • tincat
    tincat Posts: 935 Forumite
    Options
    Can't you book an extra night at the villa? If it was affordable, I'd do that as although you're 'wasting' the night, at least you will all be comfortable.

Obviously if they already have people coming in that afternoon it's out of the question, but maybe they don't yet?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure