****2012 brides - step this way***

Options
Hello everyone :wave:

New to this forum not long registered & am enjoying looking at this part of the forum & reading the different threads

I have not seen a post for the 2012 brides amongst us so thought i would do one so we can all chat about our big days what we are planning, what we have done etc.

We have provisionally set a date for June 2012. We have chosen our venue just need to go & pay the deposit that it is they want.

We have then decided to put money into a account & save it that way rather than give it to the venue bit by bit (ie chipping into it) i would prefer the money to be in my account get some intrest on it over the next 2 years than in theres.

We decided May time about getting married, so i start a scrap book to collect ideas & i also set up a spreadsheet of everything that i wanted on my big day. Got prices so i could get a rough guide as to what i was looking at our wedding to cost.

I am going to do some bits myself to keep the cost down. I am alo going to buy things as i go along & also keep a look out for when sales happen in certain shops.

2 years seems so far away (well it is under 2 years now) i feel so organised but cant really do alot at the moment. Im sure though that the time willl fly

So who else do we have on here that is getting married in 2012?

Comments

• bubbles0169
    bubbles0169 Posts: 6,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :j:jme me im getting married then:D
    it does seem sooo long away but im told itll come round quick but your right we can only collect and save now the venues sorted but it gives us time to gather amazing ideas along the way:T
    I am not bossy I just have better ideas:p
  • Bride2012
    Options
    im getting married June 2012 can't wait seems so long away at the moment.
    Im trying to book everything before prices go up!!!
  • bubbles0169
    Options
    the trouble is you have to pay for everything now if you want this years prices unless its stated in your contract that it will be this years price
    we have a contract saying this but we know we will be paying more when the time comes as VAT will have gone up
  • xtinkersx
    xtinkersx Posts: 355 Forumite
    Options
    me!! getting wed 19th may 2012 that yr coz its a sat and our 7 year anniversary :)

booked venue other week and got to pay deposit then opening a savings account for everything else. ive already got my save the dates (vista print magnets 25 for free) all decor for stationary and some bits and pieces.

got quotesfor everything else we're only saving for the big things then al the little bits will be buying monthly.

does anyone know any good savings accounts with online banking and good interest????

ive got the guest list table plan etc all done just waiting to book things now. we started looking at it all in march and its nearly july and gone soooooooooooooooooo fast so oping it keeps going fast!!
    Marrying the love of my life May19th 2012
    ** 52lbs Down!! 32lbs to go**
  • bubbles0169
    Options
    tinker have a look at what martin recommends in his banking saving section above
  • Bride2012
    Options
    our venue is willing to hold this years price for us and next week im paying the deposit for our chair covers, centerpieces, wishing tree etc as they are also willing to hold it and ive found a suit hire company thats willing to hold prices so will be getting that booked asap.

Will be buying all the little things as and when we see them things like the guest book, favours etc.

I was quite shocked at the quotes for cakes I was asking so we had a rough idea how much to save ive been quoted as much as £1500!!

Not sure what to do about my bridesmaid dresses yet can't decide wether to by a high street one or have some custom made if i can find some cheap enough.
  • MinniMe_2
    MinniMe_2 Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Options
    oh oh me too!!

well I think!! ha ha we just got engaged 3weeks ago, I would quiet like to do it next year but due to various outside influences I don't think it will happen so we have said 2012. We have made no plans yet so will be doing it all on here!!
    New surname New start!
    Total Debt - [STRIKE]£9999.09 [/STRIKE]now 7633.16 23.66% paid off
  • blondeprincess
    Options
    XtinkersX you sound very organised

I would have a look at what Martin Lewis recomends in that part of the forum or ask someone in there

Well done as well on your weight loss. How long have you been losing the weight?
  • bride2be2012
    bride2be2012 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    Me too! Hoping to book a venue in a couple of months time (saving for the deposit just now!), for Aug/Sept 2012.

Have few other things sorted though - I have my dress and my shoes! And have a family friend who does wedding cakes for a living, and an old work friend who now does wedding photography, so both of those are sorted. My cousin is a make-up artist, and my sister's friend is a hair dress, so thats another two things sorted!

Currently driving OH crazy looking at venue brochures, he doesn't want to look at brochures, he just wants to go and see places in person, which he doesn't want to do until we have the money saved. Grrr..tried explaining he needs to look at the brochures, as no point going to look at a venue he doesn't like the look of, or is too expensive for our budget! Told him I will leave him in peace once we have a venue booked! :rotfl:
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Savings-wise, we've gone with Saffron (2.8%, easy access) it's a pretty good rate and they have a wedding savings account so you can set your goal and it'll tell you when you have enough money for it :)
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport