We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Problems registering for Job Seekers Allowance
Layla_Warrington
Posts: 3 Newbie
I am unemployed for the first time in my life and had problems registering for Job Seeker's Allowance. Has anyone else had problems doing this by telephone, online and in person at the job centre? I tried to do all these things from 1-19 April. I eventually got through on the phone on 19. I have been told that I cannot have JSA backdated to 1 April because I did not have a good enough reason to delay making a claim.
I would be interested to know whether anybody has had these experiences and what they did to overcome them.
I would be interested to know whether anybody has had these experiences and what they did to overcome them.
0
Comments
-
This is a question for the jobseeking board or the benefits board.
Unlikey to get an answer on credit cards.A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who giveor "It costs nowt to be nice"0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards