vectra fault codes

just found out 2 fault codes through my engine management warning light and the number of flashes it gives when turned on with accelerator and brake pedal fully pressed. thank-you for that tip off in that blog.

if anyone could tell me what they stand for and what i need to do to fix them i would be very grateful

numbers are; PO1555 and PO1070

Comments

• ghandi
    ghandi Posts: 135 Forumite
    See this website (I'm a member) post #3

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19442

HTH
  • mr_lordi
    mr_lordi Posts: 207 Forumite
    just found out 2 fault codes through my engine management warning light and the number of flashes it gives when turned on with accelerator and brake pedal fully pressed. thank-you for that tip off in that blog.

if anyone could tell me what they stand for and what i need to do to fix them i would be very grateful

numbers are; PO1555 and PO1070
    Hi p01555 is related to mass airflow through the throttlebody..... I am not a mechanic so im not aware of the correct wording... but the first thing you should do is remove the throttlebody and give it a really good clean this may cure the problem first time, it is also linked to a fauly ecu ( lets hope its not that ) In my case we did everything we could to cure it but failed until the last go in which when re applying the cleaned throttle body my mate used silicone sealant and sealed the throttlebody to the roca (sp) plate and tie rapped all pipes that goes into the throttlebody, this worked and stopped the em light coming on:T... Ill bet your vectra is around 51/02 plate 1.8 petrol... this is a common fault... hope this makes sense.
  • thanks for advice, i will try to check it out at the weekend.:beer: and :beer: and :beer: and :beer: and :beer:
  • johnnyroper
    johnnyroper Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    fault is o2 sensor related,the fault codes you mentioned are incorrect got 1 digit too many.

should be po155 and po170
    one is hetaer circuit of it the other is a fuel trim fault.
    they are related to bank 1 o2 sensor which is either bank 1 if you have a v6 engine or pre cat o2 sensor if you have standard 4 pot engine?

replace the o2 sensor and see how it goes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure