New threatening letter for parking fine - worried

Hello all, I am a bit freaked out now, I have had a really threateing letter saying I know owe £148.99 for the parking fine I ignored and that they will be taking me to county court and to look on the net at the selection of CCJ's they have successfully obtained against people who ignored the correspondance!!
The letter was sent from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd.

Please please help to stop me worrying :0)

This was my original thread:

(Hello, could someone please gve me some assistance please.

I parked in a UKPC carpark in a disabled bay with my disabled friend.
Unfortunately I also had my dog in the car who promptly jumped in the front and knocked the disability permit card onto the floor and lay on it!!!

We were in the shop for approx 5 minutes and came back to a nice yellow sticker on the windscreen with a £45 fine if I pay in 14 days unless I appeal.

Not knowing I did appeal stating what had happened and low and behold they said no the very next day with a hand delivered letter through my letter box.

The letter states that unless I appeal again with a photocopy of the disabled permit (if I am the owner of the permit) I will have to pay the fine.

They have all my details now!

I am also trying to claim my bank charges back on the grounds of financial hardship with the ombudsman so have no means of paying this fine :0(

Any help would be extremely grateful, many thanks in advance.)

Replies

• maninthestreetmaninthestreet Forumite
    16.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As this is a 'fine' from a PPC, just ignore it - it's not a fine, just an invoice.
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • OrfordOrford Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    The advice is still the same - ignore. Read the letter again, does it say 'will'. No, thought not.

Anyone can produce a list of just a dozen or so alleged CCJ's and even assuming they are genuine, a pound to a penny that not a single one relates to a private parking invoice.

Calm down, you're taking these letters far too seriously. 2 or 3 more and they will leave you alone.
  • ParadigmParadigm Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orford wrote: »
    Calm down, you're taking these letters far too seriously. 2 or 3 more and they will leave you alone.

Absolutely right! You will get a couple from whichever pet (fake?) solicitor they use, ignore these too!

Don't worry, honestly there's no chance anything will happen!

If I get chance later I'll scan the latest I've just had from Graham White solicitors (chuckle)..
    Always try to be at least half the person your dog thinks you are!
  • Zazen999Zazen999 Forumite
    6.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why the big font?
  • JJBHJJBH Forumite
    11 Posts
    Thanks ever so much, can really do without the stress from these SOB's!!!
  • JJBHJJBH Forumite
    11 Posts
    Zazen999 wrote: »
    Why the big font?

Sorry for big font, just wanted my writing to be easy to read, will stick to this!!!
  • Zazen999Zazen999 Forumite
    6.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    JJBH wrote: »
    Sorry for big font, just wanted my writing to be easy to read, will stick to this!!!

If you go to your first post, and edit it and make the size 2 it will be much easier to read.
  • This is a standard letter from Debt Recovery Plus. Expect a couple more. When you get the one that offers you a discount, that is the end of the scam.
  • edited 29 June 2010 at 8:17PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    99.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 June 2010 at 8:17PM
    JJBH wrote: »
    Thanks ever so much, can really do without the stress from these SOB's!!!

Why were you surprised/worried by this letter if you don't mind me asking?

I'm trying to understand why people still worry when the letters follow the exact pattern we've already told you about. Here's your original thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=33252289&highlight=#post33252289

And the very first reply from Orford gave you a link to our thread showing various PPC letter-chains in full, pics and all:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=2214803'

Why the panic, Debt Recovery Plus standard letters are clearly shown on that thread (albeit under the Parkforce heading). You should be just laughing and playing 'snap' as each matching threatogram arrives, your letters will be the same as any of the PPC letter-chains shown. UKPC are obviously using the same debt collectors as Parkforce do, makes no odds though it's still a pile of rubbish.

Now relax and enjoy the Summer. Just file those letters and spread the word about this scam, as we do. Most of us have been there/done that, ignored the letters and then parked there again for fun!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cyber Monday deals

Here’s what the Deals Team have spotted

MSE Deal

How to find cheap PCR tests

The rule change comes into force tomorrow

MSE Guide