We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Landlords?

I'm going to be renting my property out soon, I'm a private landlord and looking for some advice on the types of cover available. I don't plan on employing a letting agent to do this for me as I'll still be quite local. I see British Gas offer the type of cover I'm after, does anyone know if anyone else does too?

As a new user I can't post a link to the British Gas product page, but search in Google for 'British Gas landlord services'.

Thanks!

Comments

  • clutton_2
    clutton_2 Posts: 11,149 Forumite
    join national landlords association (joining fee tax deductible) and find out what you need to know about being a landlord.. theres much more to it than just taking out BG cover..... they also have a great legal help line to answer questions....
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    If what you're after is central heating cover (you don't say!), google 'landlords central heating cover'! You'll get lots to compare. Make sure you get a safety certificate included.

    But as Clutton says this is really the most minor of the things you should be considering. I assume you understand all your responsibilities/obligations, understand the relevant statutes and have access to the relevant contracts inventories and documentation.

    If not, buy Tessa's book (I'm fed up posting a link!), go to landlordzone, and join the RLA or NLA.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.