We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
No contact from EA since I accepted offer - is this normal?
mariecq
Posts: 8 Forumite
Hi all,
I am currently in the process of selling my first property, and accepted an offer on my leasehold flat on 3rd June. Since that date the only contact I have received from my Estate agent was a Memo of Sale which arrived in the post on 11th June. I did ring them on 9th to chase it up and was told they would call me the minute they received it. They didnt call though, it was just sent out in the post.
Should I have had more contact from them?
Thanks in advance
Marie
I am currently in the process of selling my first property, and accepted an offer on my leasehold flat on 3rd June. Since that date the only contact I have received from my Estate agent was a Memo of Sale which arrived in the post on 11th June. I did ring them on 9th to chase it up and was told they would call me the minute they received it. They didnt call though, it was just sent out in the post.
Should I have had more contact from them?
Thanks in advance
Marie
0
Comments
-
I would say the estate agents work is all but done .
I assume that at this stage you have the buyers details and their solicitors details .
Has the survey been done ? Did it throw up any problems ?
If it hasnt been surveyed at this stage I would be concerned ."Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"0 -
Hello there
Thanks for the reply.
Yes the buyers survey was carried out on 17th and as far as I know no problems have been highlighted.
I have sent the fixtures and fittings forms and lease information etc back to my solicitor, and she has passed these to the buyers solicitor.
We have not discussed completion dates or anything - do you know when this is decided?0 -
completion date depends on a number off things .
1 have you somewhere to move to
2 are your buyers also selling
3 the buyers mortgage being in place .
4 both solicitors getting their act together
You should ask how soon they expect to move"Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"0 -
There is no upward chain as I am going to rent for 12 months, and the buyer is not in a chain as he is just out of a divorce.
I am not sure if the buyers mortgage is in place, would I need to ask my solicitor this?
Also should I ask my solicitor to find out when the buyer is expecting to move? I have around 22nd July in mind but not sure who to speak to.
Sorry for all the seemingly obvious questions, I just dont have a clue!0 -
ask your solicitor if a move around July 22 is possible .As there is no chain there are two hold ups , the mortgage and the legal ."Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"0
-
Ok great thanks, I will call them now and see what they say. :-)0
-
22 July is quite a tight timescale but it is achievable if all the searches, etc come back quickly and with no issues. You'll have to be on top of everything and make sure that everyone is doing their bit to achieve that date - no sitting around waiting for stuff without telling the other side that its their turn to provide it! Your buyer will have to be on board and on top of getting his side sorted out as well or you'll have no chance.
The EA can be used as a conduit to chivvy things along if the solicitors are being slow, but it sounds like your EA isn't very proactive so you'll probably find it easier to push via your solicitor.0 -
I've just spoken to my solicitor and she thinks that the end of July is quite tight, but it could be achieved if the Leasehold information is sent from the Management company in a timely fashion (which I really doubt!)
She has sent the buyer's enquiries to the Management company today, so its going to be a waiting game for them. She has previous dealings with the company as she recently sold another property managed by them, and worryingly it took 3 weeks for them to reply!
I stressed to her that I would really like to work towards the end of July as I have found a lovely house to rent which the oweners are happy to keep for me until the end of July. ( I may be able to squeeze another week out fo them though)
As far as I know the searches have been done by the buyers solicitors.
Also the solicitors are based two doors down from each other so that must be a good thing!0 -
When did you instruct your solicitor? Might want to ask her why she only just sending man co enquiries now almost a month after you accepted an offer especially as she already knew the man co were slow to reply!
In future if you want a speedy sale its always a good idea to instruct a good solicitor when you put your place up for sale, that way you can have most of the info ready to send to the buyers solicitors when you get a sale.0 -
Also worth calling up the man co yourself and trying sweet talking them into sending stuff out quickly...0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards