ppi on halifax loan

Options
hi
i took out a loan with halifax in 2004. i can only find one statement dated 2008-2009. annual interest rate states 9.94%. i paid every month with no problem and it is now finished.
it says on the statement original amount of credit 6735.41 and has 2 small stars by it.
underneath it says **inclusive of loan insurance where appropriate.
i cannot remember taking on loan insurance but i do recall being a single parent and being told if anything happened with my job i would have to find the funds to repay the loan as i didnt have a partner. i told them i could do this.
is this saying i did have loan insurance? do i need to get past statements and go through these?
the statement shows monthly payments and interest and thats it.
how do i go about this? i have no idea
please help

also i had a storecard with ikea which is now clear, a few months back i noticed there was ppi on this which i promptly told them to take off as i had not authorised it. i am assuming this was on since i opened my account. can i also claim this back even though i cancelled it recently and the account is now at zero?
hannah

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Hannah

I think I also left you a post over at the PPI reclaiming thread as well, but no worries.

You can make a reclaim with your reasons for being mis sold, it makes no difference if the account is active or settled.
    Even if you cancelled the ppi earlier, you can reclaim on all you have paid, plus interest etc.

In regards of not knowing if PPI (insurance) was taken out or not, the quickest way to find out is to ring the company, they should confirm either way, but if you require any paperwork, write a simple letter to request for a copy of your agreement, enclose £1 cheque or postal order, and ask they supply by 12 days.
    The agreement should enclose any insurance details.

Then onto the reclaiming side of it, complete the FOS questionnaire, they were recently issued by the financial ombudsman service (FOS)to use to make a reclaim to whoever sold and set up your policy, and instead of writing a letter to reclaim.
    However, you can of course write a cover letter as well, if you feel you want to give further information to support your case.
    They have 8 weeks in full to respond.

The FOS questionnaire - you will find this on link below, further down the page as Stage one of reclaiming.
    Remember to keep copies as well - in case you need to refer to them later on.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Hope this info helps, good luck.:)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills