PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

war time rationing programme on cbbc monday

Options
just thought this might be interesting to watch....

o.k. i know its a children's programme.. its on the cbbc channel on monday 5pm...( i think)...

its about children.. going back.. and eating food.. during the war.. and rationing.. etc....the preview that i have just seen showed the children dressed in the clothes of the war time eating food... and moaning....

so ..i thought i might get some tips from it... or if not it would be nice to watch... as its os......
Work to live= not live to work

Comments

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This sounds like a good programme to encourage key stage 2 children to watch.....if I remember rightly it was part of the key stage 2 programme to learn about the world war and rationing.

Pink
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    i only just cought a glympse of it through the door.. so wil watch out for the preview again.... and then i can post more about it....

it also showed a young girl... touching a piece of raw liver and screaming.....and then a lady saying that if they dont eat whats put infront of them.. then they starve...

so i told my kids we are watching it....it will hopefull make them realise.. how they got it easy now...
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    It's called "Evacuation" and begins on Monday 1700-1725hrs.

It's about a group of children who
    ... say goodbye to their parents for two weeks as they embark on their journey back in time to live on a farm as wartime evacuees

Should be interesting viewing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • greenpixey
    greenpixey Posts: 2,806 Forumite
    Options
    I'd love to watch this but I dont have the cbbc channel....:(
  • Queenie
    Options
    greenpixey wrote:
    I'd love to watch this but I dont have the cbbc channel....:(

It's BBC 1 (CBBC's time slot is 1525hrs - 17.35hrs)

HTH :)
  • Queenie
    Options
    Bit more info:

12 city children move to a 1940's style farm to experience life as evacuees.
    They will be taught how to milk a cow, bake, muck out, build a scarecrow washing up and laundry. They'll learn how to put on a gas mask and build an air raid shelter, plus have 1940's style school lessons. The presenter (from Blue Peter) Matt Baker joins them.

It's 10 episodes being shown daily for the next two weeks at the times I quoted above.
  • FunkyFairy
    Options
    My DD and i will enjoy this thanks for the info
  • thriftmonster
    Options
    Yes, my kids and I will look out for this - thanks
    “the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along. she never needed those wings.”
    Amanda Lovelace, The Princess Saves Herself in this One
  • Murtle
    Murtle Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    could they evacuate the kids from round here please :rolleyes:
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    thanks queenie for posting all the info.... as i say i only seen it between rooms..
    ye it should be interesting.... i also like looking at the decor... and the clothes and accessories etc.... as i love vintage clothes etc... so its a double interst for me...

especially the aprons :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills