What a start to my 30th birthday weekend

Options
DH has had his motorbike reversed into :mad:, damaging the front end, the van driver has admitted liability though which will save a fight.

His insurance company is arranging for a courtesy bike for him, as it's his only transport.

My brother :A has cheered me up though, he's fully aware of our situation, he's taking me and DH out for a curry tomorrow night.

I'm on countdown as well as this time in 2 weeks I'll be sipping a fruit cocktail in Zakynthos (I don't drink alcohol for health reasons), and watching the sun set.:j
Proud to be dealing with my debts
DD Katie born April 2007!
3 years 9 months and proud of it
dreams do come true (eventually!)

Comments

• ozzyfan_2
    Options
    Happy 30th birthday MDW! :bdaycake:

Sorry it didn't start too well & hope hubby is ok if he was on the bike at the time.

It sounds like you've lots to look forward to over the next few weeks though so have a brilliant weekend & holiday too :j
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    aww mad daog, what a bad start to the weekend, hopefully it can be sorted though :)

hug8ok.gif hug for you brother though, what a great chap :)

oh and before i forget happy birthday.....

120103_emA44_prv.gif
  • MadDogWoman_2
    Options
    Hubby's fine, just a bit shaken up.

He was on the bike on the time, stationery and he kept his brakes on so that he didn't hit the deck.

He p****d off because his bike is only 11 months old, his first brand new bike in about 20 years.

Thank you for the birthday wishes.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DD Katie born April 2007!
    3 years 9 months and proud of it
    dreams do come true (eventually!)

• Dr.Shoe_2
    Dr.Shoe_2 Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    Options
    I'm on countdown as well as this time in 2 weeks I'll be sipping a fruit cocktail in Zakynthos (I don't drink alcohol for health reasons), and watching the sun set.:j

Awesome! I couldn't do it myself except possible the maths thingy and as for the conundrum...

One good thing though, is you'll be able to take Carol Vorderman to one side and ask her to stop doing those loan commercials....

er... oh... I see!!!

Oh, have a nice holiday and if you need someone to carry your bags let me know!
    [strike]-£20,000[/strike] 0!
  • Luckystepho
    Options
    At least your hubby is ok, that's the main thing, and if van driver has admitted liability it will hopefully be sorted quickly and easily.

Just focus on your hols, and happy 30th birthday! x
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry about the bike hun :( Very glad your OH was not hurt and hope the insurance sort it out very quickly!

Even more importantly though, happy birthday :beer: Well done on your bro treating you, bless him for being so thoughtful! Enjoy!!! :beer: :beer: :beer:
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Zakynthos is lovelly too so really enjoy it :) Say hello to the turtles for me :D
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport