PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Question about breadmaker

Options
Probably been asked before, but I couldn't find it anywhere!

Is it true that the bread from the breadmaker has to be eaten the same day??

Thanks for letting me know.

Comments

• Thistle-down
    Options
    No. I guess it depends how you store it. It does go off quicker than shop-bought bread because of the lack of preservatives.

I keep mine in a bread bin and we can eat it for 1-2 days after baking, but it doesn't usually last that long!
    :happylove
  • **purpleprincess**
    Options
    :confused: I don't eat it all the same day! I treat mine like a loaf bought from the shop and works for me :confused:
    Official DFW Nerd no. 082! :cool:
    Debt @ 01/01/2014 £16,956 Debt now: £0.00 :j
    Aims:[STRIKE] clear debt, get married, buy a house[/STRIKE] :D ALL DONE!!
  • liz.._4
    liz.._4 Posts: 300 Forumite
    Options
    We tend to eat ours quickly anyway so I make a loaf a day, any left the next day does for toast and you can always freeze it and when you've got enough make a bread pud. Its so much better (and tastier) than shop stuff.
    :)
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    Options
    ours generally only lasts a day anyway , i useally make small loaves because i personally only like it on the day it has been made. but i'm just odd. lol
  • carriel_2
    Options
    I only started using my breadmaker yesterday, the first loaf lasted about an hour once both kids & hubby had found out how tasty it was! Made another today & its half gone already, the rest will be used for breakfast tomorrow.
  • beachbeth
    beachbeth Posts: 3,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My bread has lasted up to 3 days before it starts to taste a bit dry but it takes longer than that to actually 'go off' and start going mouldy. The only reason I know this is because I baked a loaf which we were eating and then the next day baked another one. We couldn't resist eating the freshly made one and ignored the day old one! We ended up not eating the older one and now I only make a loaf when we have about run out!

You can slice your bread up and freeze it anyway. It can be toasted straight from the freezer and slices don't take long to thaw out anyway.
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    No, it doesn't all have to be eaten in one day (unless you *want* to have that as an excuse :rotfl: ) ;)

Adding oil to the bread mix aids the keeping properties of the loaf and so does how you store it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • simate
    simate Posts: 999 Forumite
    Options
    One way to stop it drying out is to store it in a plastic carrier bag for example or a big tupperware, that way the moisture is retained for longer. The crust goes soft of course but the bread is kept nice a fluffy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure