We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Thursday 24th june - What small DFW things have you done today?!

2

Comments

  • LuckyBiscuit
    LuckyBiscuit Posts: 416 Forumite
    Hi guy's in need of a bit of motivation today, so am hopeing that if i write it here i'll actually do it.

    Colour hair - with bargin dye of £1.50
    put breadmaker on to make dough for rolls as DS ate the one's i saved for tea
    put the items away on stairs
    tidy up bed in spare room

    Believe me if you could see how much stuff ive put on the spare bed you'd know that was enough to do for a whole day!!!
    Right im off to get going...............
    Im not financially savvy as im still learning but i love to support anyone that needs it and give virual hug's and tea!!!
    Can't do Bickie's Sorry, need to lose weight!!!
    Challenge 1 : Sealed Pot Challenge, No : 810
    Challenge 2 : Dragon's wake up call
    Challenge 3 : Aug 8/15 NSD's
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Hey there :wave:

    Don’t really feel like I’ve got much to add today but may as well throw in my tuppence worth :p
    • Trying for an NSD :A
    • Cheap baked tatties for tea :D
    • Free cuppa x 2 or 3 @ work :D
    • Quick wash – on timer – will be ready when I get home from work and the rest will be dry
    • Turned the dehumidifier down a touch
    • Read a bit – cheap hobby and a library book
    • Catch up with the tennis

    xx
  • catmiaow
    catmiaow Posts: 5,954 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Erme wrote: »
    I started it cat about 6am :p

    So now we have two threads :P

    Can someone please get onto the mods to delete my one :)

    Just about to get organized and attempt to go on the bike for about the first time in 2 weeks :eek:

    Here's my list for today (if I can stay awake LOL)

    Don't think I'll do the ironing if it's mega hot in the pm....

    and the rest I think (in no fancy order) is here :-



    ○ Ironing
    ○ ?Put stuff on ebay/folksy
    ○ Mop and sweep kitchen floor
    - ?coffee table (maybe later - tis only a wee job)
    - take washing off airer and sort
    - ? hoover
    - try and find receipt for mop from Mr S and take back
    - Pay tithe (part)
    - Pay house ins
    - research daily clicks

    and I feel really skint and am worried I won't be able to get OD paid off before next big welfare check :eek:....

    But now I must do a little crochet (sanity) then go off for depot shot :P...wonder how much Dr. C has < it to? Wonder if I'll notice any side effects?

    Blessings

    E

    Sorry didn't see that thread just saw Millys, wasn't up early enough :p
    No you're not a vegetarian if you eat any animal or fish, so do not insult genuine veggies by calling yourself one! :mad:

    Thanks to everyone who posts competitions. You are the stars of the board :T:j:T
  • Amara
    Amara Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hello!
    Today, I:
    -went to work
    -checked my online banking
    -beem to bank to pay in some money
    -done some shopping
    -went to garage with my OH to service his car (bill will be about £180 :mad:)
    -replaced battery in a clock in the living room
    -enrolled as a Avon lady :)

    Still to do:
    -ironing
    -cooking tea ( but we are not very hungry, so maybe we'll stick to cereal)
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    catmiaow wrote: »
    Sorry didn't see that thread just saw Millys, wasn't up early enough :p

    I've been known to never even read the title! just look out for the :)

    xx
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,957 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Evening all:j
    I am going to keep it brief as I wrote a long post last night and then it mysteriously disappeared :mad:

    Today:

    Checked online banking

    Seen to plants and animals (must water greenhouse and pots and pick some raspberries in a minute)

    Lunch to work and HM meals - just cheese on toast for me tonight as OH had a work do :T

    NSD :T

    That's about it - didn't get home from work till 7.30 as had a late phone conference to us - sounds glam, but believe me it isn't :rotfl:

    Never mind, it is Friday tomorrow :T:T:T

    And then I am on leave for a week :T:T:T:T:T:T:T
  • Lottebear
    Lottebear Posts: 794 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Today I have

    - Daliy cards
    - Bought lunch but got loyltay card stamped for free one next time.
    - Checked online banking, no shockers! Payday monday
    - Store cupboard tea
    - Tidying house with OH
    - Decided what to buy SIL for wedding pressie, using survery JL voucher.
    - Pennies in the Jar for Hen night fund, an expenisve weekend ahead I think!
  • josiebabie
    josiebabie Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all
    Late one for me today as I was busy/lazy/rubbish today (delete as appropriate) tho I notice DM hasn't posted either? The Grant's day off today!
    Anyway, today I have:
    - Checked banking
    - Invoiced lots to get my bonus up for next month
    - Switched off HW after it has been on for days
    - Friend picked up DD so saving me slight amount of fuel
    - Cooked said friend dinner from stores and bottle of wine that she brought round last time!
    - Decided that I don't like the new HR manager for our group, I made a comment to my boss about being gassed by the new hitler for eating at my desk...only to find he very much dislikes her too! lol
    - Am sitting in bed using laptop on battery power instead of plugged into the wall (as is normal)
    - Switched off TV etc before coming up to bed.
    - Set stereo on sleep mode so it's not on all night
    - Enjoying a night on my own with DD asleep, ex is on a course and my house is quiet :)

    Happy Thursday everyone, will speak tomorrow
    Jx
    Nothing to report as yet...give me a minute...!
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Have managed to do all my list. Yeah:T
    in addition I made a pork stew type thing with loads of leftovers including some apple and fig chutney that has been knocking around the fridge for ages, couldn't even find a useby date on it!!! Working on the basis that the sugar will have preserved it!!! Anyway it was lovely!

    Am on a mission whilst on mat leave to use all the packets/jars of random stuff I hve knocking around the kitchen. So far we've had some lovely meals :T:T
  • Evening everyone

    Late posting tonight, but better late than never!

    Things I've done today:
    • Checked bank & updated spreadsheet
    • HM lunch to work
    • LSD
    • Dinner from stores
    • HC & line dried
    • Bought some reduced price creme eggs as a treat for the kids
    • Took bag to CS, had a look round but couldn't find anything I liked :(
    • Banked pennies from jar
    Off to bed in a bit, see you all tomorrow.

    Been
    Full LBM 26 Sept 11
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.