Moneysupermarket Switch to Atlantic Cashback

Options
Stompa
Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
Back in January I switched both my gas and electricity to Atlantic using Moneysupermarket. My recollection is that, at the time, Moneysupermarket were offering £30 cashback to switch both, and a month or so ago they did indeed pay me £30. This morning though, I notice they've paid me a further £30. I wonder if I'm misremembering and it was actually £30 for each, does anybody know? It's the only possible explanation I can think of!
Stompa

Comments

• KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The other possible (and more probable) explanation is that it is a mistake. I don't think they'll be able to automatically claim it back from their bank - they'll have to ask you for it - but that's not a guarantee.
  • Stompa
    Options
    KimYeovil wrote: »
    The other possible (and more probable) explanation is that it is a mistake. I don't think they'll be able to automatically claim it back from their bank - they'll have to ask you for it - but that's not a guarantee.
    Yes, that thought had occurred to me too.

The odd thing is that, whilst I instigated the switch for both gas and electricity at the same time, Atlantic only billed me for electricity in month 1, and it wasn't until month 2 that they took payments for both gas and electricity. That would seem to imply that the switches actually ended up taking place a month apart, which might be a reason for getting two cashbacks a month apart?

Annoyingly, my printout of moneysupermarket's switch confirmation screen doesn't mention the cashback amount, nor does their subsequent email.
    Stompa
  • KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The switches for each fuel are completely separate processes and so almost always do go through on different dates (even when switching from one dual fuel account to a new dual fuel account).

I don't recall moneysupermarket ever offering more than £30 for a dual switch.
  • Stompa
    Options
    KimYeovil wrote: »
    I don't recall moneysupermarket ever offering more than £30 for a dual switch.
    Nor me. Oh well, I'll wait and see if they ask for it back!
    Stompa
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport