PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Use it Up Challenge Revisited

Options

Comments

• TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,564 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I sorted through all my toiletries a while back and put the unopened once away so I could get the half empty once finished. I completely forgot about the new ones stored away and silly me went out and bought some new stuff as I thought I had run out. Would have been better to use it as present or sell them on Ebay, really really silly.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I put bubble bath into a hand wash dispenser and it works fine.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • tawnyowls
    tawnyowls Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    justin138 wrote:
    Justin tried chucking my toothpaste out - said it was empty :eek: I had four more days out of that, just keep squeezing until it runs completely dry.

You mean you stop there? You don't cut it open and rub the brush over the inside?:eek: Tsk!
  • justin138
    Options
    Believe me, there'd be nothing on the brush! :D I really DO squeeze them dry.
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    justin138 wrote:
    I was given some out of date chocolate soap (OOD soap???) and that's still going strong for the kitchen and I made gloop with a bar too - 'snice!

Hello! The chocolate "flavour" scares me more than the OOD :eek: :eek:

What does it smell like?

Count me in for this challenge. I have a lovely big walk-in pantry, which is great for storing HM jams, chutneys, pickles, preserves. But I do have the habit of buying in bulk and on special offer, so soetimes have no idea what's in there.

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Squishy
    Squishy Posts: 721 Forumite
    Options
    Hello! The chocolate "flavour" scares me more than the OOD :eek: :eek:

What does it smell like?

If its anything like the chocolate bathstuff I was given last christmas, it smells *exactly* like milk chocolate! Its absolutely gorgeous :D Haven't used much of it yet, though, as still using up the last of my 'parma violet' scented bathstuff, which also smells just like the sweets :rotfl:
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ds worked part time at a toiletries factory a couple of years ago where they used to sell their seconds to the staff. He brought home loads of things (M & S, boots, tesco, john frieda) for about 20p per item so I have loads of shampoo, lotions, face masks etc. he only thing is some are now going funny in the tube so I have to throw them away.
  • jazzyjustlaw
    Options
    I have lots of half full shower and bath gel in my bathroom. In my bedroom I have full ones, soaps and body lotion. Should last me well passed Christmas. Its so hard though when you see things reduced in the shop and you already have loads.
    All my views are just that and do not constitute legal advice in any way, shape or form.£2.00 savers club - £20.00 saved and banked (got a £2.00 pig and not counted the rest)Joined Store Cupboard Challenge]
  • vodkabarbie
    Options
    I've only just joined the board, but I am a sucker for buying toiletries and make-up!
    I've banned myself from buying anything until I have an empty to replace it from (or something that has become unusable) but I am currently avoiding Boots because it is too tempting...

Also trying to switch to cheaper skincare brands as I'm also a sucker for expensive stuff and I know deep down it isn't any better.
    Grocery Challenge: target 400: so far spent 247
    Credit Card [STRIKE]3231[/STRIKE] 3218
    Overdraft [STRIKE]1215[/STRIKE] 1122.27
  • tiredwithtwins
    Options
    It's so difficult NOT to buy things reduced...the only way I can avoid it is to not go into the shop....

I know I have stacks of food in the freezer and cupboards, but when I see things reduced to 10p in Sainsburys I just HAVE to buy them!

im the same...have managed to go from spending £100+ per week on food to just £40 by using up the stuff in the freezer/cupboard ... but cant walk past drastically reduced meat and veg in sainsburys without buying enough to restock the freezer! this has worked out to my advantage though ... so mustn't grumble.:o :D
    incidentally i got about £80 worth of organic chicken and meat for around £20 last week in S's... gonna change my shopping day to wednesday morning after dropping kids off at school!
    wading through the treacle of life!

debt 2016 = £21,000. debt 2021 = £0!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family