PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Use it Up Challenge Revisited

Hi
Is anyone else still doing the use it up challenge? I really can't believe that the only toiletries that i have bought this year are deodrants, and i'm talking since Christmas! :T
Just to clarify i don't smell either! :rotfl: :rotfl:
what is so worrying is that i still don't need to buy them and probably won't be needing to till at least christmas this year.
Just think of the money i will have saved! And just how much i had in stock when i kept buying the stuff all the time.

Lem

Comments

• Murtle
    Murtle Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    This makes me chuckle, I am still trying to work out ways of using up bubble bath, as the 5 or so bottles I have don't get used very quickly with me always having showers....I just know I'll find some elegant bottles to decant them into to give to friends!!

As for other toiletries....depilitory creams/wax both cold strips and wax still going....the number of razors and blades....well even I'm not THAT hairy....and I have an epilator!!!!

Toilet cleaner I think is mutiplying when I turn my back....since persuading the OH that vinegar is just as good at cleaning the loo he doesn't ever seem to use it.....

Anything that looks nice got nabbed for the Christmas cupboard!!

Have enough sanitary products to last to the menopause in about 30 years!!

I've only been into Boots a couple of times this year :rotfl:

x
  • redballoon_2
    redballoon_2 Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    i do this all the time. i am being really strict with myself and havent brought any toiletries for a while ( apart from the essentials like toothpaste)
    i have a basket full of make up which i am slowly getting through and i am determined not to buy any more until it's all used up. i dont know what i was thinking at the time i brought it all. i must have about 12 different eyeshadows and too many lipsticks!
    Make £10 a day challenge March 2013 £101.24 / £240 :j
    WSC 10 March - £0 / £5
    Debt £17,294 - 7th March
  • justin138
    justin138 Posts: 194 Forumite
    Justin tried chucking my toothpaste out - said it was empty :eek: I had four more days out of that, just keep squeezing until it runs completely dry. I was given some out of date chocolate soap (OOD soap???) and that's still going strong for the kitchen and I made gloop with a bar too - 'snice! The only thing I've had to buy is hair conditioner & toothpaste this year so far. Wish my undersink cupboard would empty though - ton of vinegar to start on, but I'm still using all the old stuff up. Anyone would think I don't clean!!

Jo
    edit to say I use a deodorant stone which seems to be lasting forever
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I was just thinking of "February is use-up month" the other day as I was washing my hair - I too am still "using up", though I must admit to buying some Boots Rosemary & Lavender Shampoo "for mature hair":D the other week. I did (and do) still have other shampoos to finish up, but felt I could do with a bit of "volumising"....... and it was on BOGOF......haven't bought anything else though apart from deodorants. Oh and Always, I'm only buying the minimum of those as I keep hoping I won't need them any more (sigh):rolleyes:
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Oh yes, forgot about the toothpaste!:D
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Im still using up all my toileteries, im also trying to use up things from my freezer, but then i keep finding reduced things in the shops and buying them, so the freezer challenge isnt going as well as the bathroom challenge!!!!
  • Chipps
    Chipps Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm still ploughing through the bubble bath lake that has taken over the bathroom cabinet.
    I love having nice toiletries bought for me, but wish people would buy shower gel etc, rather than bubble bath!!!!
    Some of it got diverted into the handwash dispenser in the downstairs cloakroom.
  • It's so difficult NOT to buy things reduced...the only way I can avoid it is to not go into the shop....

I know I have stacks of food in the freezer and cupboards, but when I see things reduced to 10p in Sainsburys I just HAVE to buy them!

I have tons and tons and tons and tons of toiletries, yet still got about 20 more items this weekend...only cost a small amount, but need to start using them up.....
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 580 Forumite
    Chipps wrote:
    I'm still ploughing through the bubble bath lake that has taken over the bathroom cabinet.
    I love having nice toiletries bought for me, but wish people would buy shower gel etc, rather than bubble bath!!!!
    Some of it got diverted into the handwash dispenser in the downstairs cloakroom.
    I never have a bath, always a shower but when I get a present of bubble bath I just use it as shower gel. I can't tell the difference & have just used up my supply from Christmas. I had to BUY some recently:shocked:
    Never mind it's my birthday this month so hopefully I'll get to top up my stocks again.
  • I still have a mountain of body lotions to work through ..... would be nice to get the space under my bed clear. I have a cupboard in teh spare room with everything else in but it doesn't seem to move.

The only thing I am running out of is shampoo...... I feel another £1 for 3 editions of a mag subscription coming on :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure