Soooooooo angry

Options
QueenB.
QueenB. Posts: 1,083 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
Got home today to find a letter from our Natwest CC. We missed this months payment, i hold my hands up to that and have just paid it today, only a few days late, but i know not a good thing:o

Anyway aside from saying that we haven't paid and must straight away there was an attached letter which said.............

That they had been looking into our account and due to irregular payments and the fact that we had paid less than the min required a few times they had reduced our limit.

Now i am not too upset about them reducing our limit, we haven't used that card in about 8 months and due to its high interest rate i have no intention of using it unless it is absolutely unavoidable.

What really annoys me is that we have NEVER paid less than the min payment and that actually for the last few months we have been paying almost double it:mad:

So do i phone them about the issue?
Success means having to worry about every thing in the world......EXCEPT MONEY. Johnny Cash

Cross stitch Cafe member 81.

Comments

• DontDoDebtKids
    Options
    I read somewhere that two big credit card providers (I think one of them was Barclays) were looking to reduce their customers' limits to avoid problems with bad debt...

...but I didn't think they would give quite such seemingly deceitful reasons for doing so!

I would complain. It's the principle really.
    LBM: Nov 2004 Debt Apr06: £19,273.46 (Highest)
    Debt 2006: Jul:£18,552.06|Aug:£17,615.14|Sep:£16,297.98|Oct:£15,961|Nov:£15,760.66|Dec:£13,204.37
    Debt 2007: Jan:£13,183.71|Feb:£13,851.03|Mar:£13,349.15|April:£12,997.33 | May: £12,300.00 | June: £12,000 | July: £9,894.44 |Aug:£0
    Debt Free Date: 31 August 2007
    The £2 Coin Savers Club = £72
    Reclaiming my bank charges - £105 reclaimed
    My Diary: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=230561
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't phone - Write a letter and ask for them to reply in writing.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • Jesscat
    Jesscat Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    I had exactly the same letter, I was always paying much more than the minimum payment and had never missed a payment when I paid it on pay day as normal but because of the weekend i'd got paid earlier than normal by a couple of days which meant the payment fell in the previous month.
    Couldnt believe it! I set up a direct debit after that so at least the minimum always gets to them.
    Needless to say they got an ear bashing!!!
    Debt Free Nerd 170
  • QueenB.
    QueenB. Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It is the principle, i am happy for them to say we have reduced your limit due to a late payment. In fact a few months ago Mint sent me a letter stating they where reducing CC limits due to the national debt problem and all the publicity and again i was fine with that. But to say i have not paid what i know i have is making my blood boil.

Just one more incentive to get this card paid of as quickly as possible, i am reducing all other CC payments to the min and upping the monthly one to Natwest as much as possible, all those pennies and £2 coins will also be thrown at it.
    Success means having to worry about every thing in the world......EXCEPT MONEY. Johnny Cash

Cross stitch Cafe member 81.
  • LookingAhead
    LookingAhead Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    Options
    Hi QueenB! I would be furious too. It is like a slur on your name.
    I would definitely write to them.

Good luck with getting in paid off as soon as....you will get even more satisfaction when this one finally goes I am sure!
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    This whole thing is very interesting from an national economy point of view. Typically in the near past, failing to provide a timely payment would have resulted in the "consolidation loan" people calling. Now they are cutting back on credit. Somebody somewhere is getting frightened. Now both mint and natwest are part of the RBOS group, so I'm wondering if they're in trouble, or if its part of a bigger trend.

Has anyone else had their credit limits cut - and if so, by whom?

If credit availability gets cut, then these forums are going to get busier. :grouphug:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Don't take it personally QueenB, alot of us have said its about time the banks started being more responsible in lending, longterm it will save some from getting into trouble. I think the rise in bankcrupcy has frightened them into action. I used to have a cc with a £10K limit I only earned £60 week!
  • leni
    leni Posts: 942 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had my LloydsTSB cut because my first payment was late, BUT I hadn't recieved a statement to know when to pay them!

Why don't you apply for a 0% CC?

DEBT FREE for the first time in 10 years and with savings!

1st Baby due May 2011 :o it's a BOY:j
  • BestFootForward_2
    Options
    rog2 wrote:
    Don't phone - Write a letter and ask for them to reply in writing.
    I agree. Put it in writing. That way it wastes more of their time. It also means the people who write the silly letters get to see the fruits of their labour, and not the poor person on the other end of the phone.

Put a B in your bonnet QueenB, and go get 'em
    Lightbulb moment: June 2006:shocked:
    Debts June 2006: £18,100
    Egg Card [strike]£13,400 [/strike] £12,350; Loan [strike]£3,500[/strike] £2,300; Other [strike]£3,700[/strike] £3,100; Overdraft [strike]£1,500[/strike] £585
    Debts Setp 2006: £15,300
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport