Difficulties opening Limited Company Account

Options
I currently bank with Abbey and I need to set-up a Limited Company as a consultant.

I approached the Abbey about opening a Limited company account but they have said that they will need to carry out a credit check first. I just want a straight forward Limited company account, payments in payments out, simple no overdrafts or anything.

I am confident that my application would be declined with the Abbey given that I have a low credit score and a couple of outstanding CCJ's, I am trying not to have any searches carried out where possible as this will lower my credit score even more.

Does anyone know of a financial institution where it is not difficlult to open a business account, I heard Barclays were pretty relaxed but i'm not so sure.

Regards

Switch

Comments

• oldfella
    oldfella Posts: 1,534 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I suspect you are going to have a problem. They are v careful with business accounts because of Inland Revenue and VAT implications

sorry its not good news

Mike
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    May I ask why you need to be a Limited company?
  • Switch
    Switch Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    I work as a consultant and the agencies and consultancies that I work for both here in the UK and the US will only accept Consultants working through a Limited Company.

I have worked through a Limited company since 1989 but due to a bitter divorce I now need to fairly quickly for my own financial security to divert my earnings to a new company.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    No chance of your (ex) wife leaving you with the existing company even if the account is cleaned out before you get to take it over?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure