We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Old CCJ...??

2»

Comments

  • donnap83
    donnap83 Posts: 540 Forumite
    So...in a nutshell, wait to see if they contact me again, if they don't, should the CCJ relating to the debt disappear from my credit ref file in Sept after the 6 years??

    I'm so confused purely cos it's not a settled debt. I don't want it to be there still in 15 years time!!!!!!:eek:

    I think in 6 years i've had 3-4 letters about it...???
    :oGetting married 23rd June 2012!!:o
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    donnap83 wrote: »
    So...in a nutshell, wait to see if they contact me again, if they don't, should the CCJ relating to the debt disappear from my credit ref file in Sept after the 6 years??

    I'm so confused purely cos it's not a settled debt. I don't want it to be there still in 15 years time!!!!!!:eek:

    I think in 6 years i've had 3-4 letters about it...???

    YES after 6 years of date of CCJ if the lender has not gone back to court and requested an extension then it is statute bareed and will be removed from your credit file.

    Even if they do get an extension, it will be removed after 6yrs - but will be visible when lenders search for public data via sources such as registry trust, for instance.

    If you aint heard owt for years then continue to forget about it til you're 100% certain 6+ years have passed since date of original CCJ :D
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

    Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 24,097 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier
    It's possible the DCA doesn't know there's a judgement on it.

    Did their letter quote the court reference or give any indication of a CCJ?
  • Hiya!

    I'm in a similar situation! Horrid isn't it! 6 years is far too long!!

    I have an unpaid CCJ, registered July 2005, so July 2011 my understanding is that the 6 years will have passed and I will hopefully be free!!!

    My confusion however, is that I thought you had to apply for the CCJ to be removed after the 6 years? So which is true? Do you have to apply for it to be removed, or does it 'fall off' so to speak? x
  • Hannah_10
    Hannah_10 Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    It should fall off, if it doesn't (these things happen) then you apply.
    I refuse to be afraid of the big bad wolf, spiders, or debt collection agencies; one of them's not real and the other two are powerless without my fear.
    (Ok, one of them is powerless, spiders can be nasty.)


    As of the last count I have cleared
    [STRIKE]23.16%[/STRIKE] 22.49% of my debt. :(
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.