We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Old CCJ...??
donnap83
Posts: 540 Forumite
Hi,
I was issued a CCJ in Sept 04, which has never been paid. Will it disappear from my credit reference file in Sept this year, once it hits it's 6 year limit, or will it remain until i pay it off? I don't think I've made a payment on the account since Feb 04, however a debt agency did send me a letter a few weeks ago stating that i needed to pay within 7 days to avoid further action. Can someone please advise me on what i should do????
I was issued a CCJ in Sept 04, which has never been paid. Will it disappear from my credit reference file in Sept this year, once it hits it's 6 year limit, or will it remain until i pay it off? I don't think I've made a payment on the account since Feb 04, however a debt agency did send me a letter a few weeks ago stating that i needed to pay within 7 days to avoid further action. Can someone please advise me on what i should do????
:oGetting married 23rd June 2012!!:o
0
Comments
-
Anyone??? Please!:oGetting married 23rd June 2012!!:o0
-
I'm no expert, but as far as I am aware, if they don't act on the CCJ within 6 years then they would need to go back to Court to be able to enforce.
I think it will fall off your Credit File at the 6 year point.
Like I said I'm no expert so, please get conformation from an expert. Never-In-Doubt knows his/her stuff, might worth dropping them a PM with a link to this thread.0 -
I'm no expert, but as far as I am aware, if they don't act on the CCJ within 6 years then they would need to go back to Court to be able to enforce.
I think it will fall off your Credit File at the 6 year point..
Hiya
You're correct in that it will indeed fall off after 6yrs but as to whether it becomes Statute Barred or not depends whether the DCA actually goes back to court and can prove to a judge why they have failed to enforce it for the past 6 years, it is unlikely a judge will warrant an extension unless they give exceptional circumstances, such as the debtor hid (gone away) or the likes......
It should though, just drop off and then it'll be over with (hopefully)
2010 - year of the troll 
Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
0 -
Really? Thats great if thats correct. It's taken a long while to sort my debt out. The perils of first time credit at 18!!:oGetting married 23rd June 2012!!:o0
-
Really? Thats great if thats correct. It's taken a long while to sort my debt out. The perils of first time credit at 18!!
Yes - but the fact that they are contacting you now means they are probably getting ready to enforce (just before the 6 years).The proof that some people really are opinionated and ignorant
Originally Posted by naff123
Long nosed Tory looking down upon everybody!0 -
housebuyer_abc wrote: »Yes - but the fact that they are contacting you now means they are probably getting ready to enforce (just before the 6 years).
They contacted me a couple of months ago, i said i wasn't aware of the debt and i never heard from them again. The judgement was issued 20/09/04, so does that mean that after 20/09/10, they can't enforce/chase the debt any longer? The last payment was made in Feb 04.
What's my best course of action at this point? The debt is only a few hundred pound, but i could do without it at the moment. I thought i'd just about cleared all my old debts before this one appeared. Taken 5 years to clear £10k of creditcard debits
:oGetting married 23rd June 2012!!:o0 -
Keep hush and if something happens deal with it then.
0 -
BigCraigJohn wrote: »Keep hush and if something happens deal with it then.

Haha!! That's a good answer~!!:oGetting married 23rd June 2012!!:o0 -
Haha!! That's a good answer~!!
Well I was guilty of worrying years ahead of myself for a long time. In time you come to realise there are better ways to spend your time than worrying down the line about what might happen.
You only have to read some of the long threads on here where the original poster was in a very dark place yet months later things had changed hugely.
0 -
Good advice from BCJ keep your head down .;)BigCraigJohn wrote: »Keep hush and if something happens deal with it then.
GRADUATED FIRST CLASS WITH HONORS FROM THE SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS RECOMENDED READ IF BY RUDYARD KIPLING0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards