Car Recovery - First Call

Options
My AA membership is due for renewal in Oct and I am looking at the cheapest way of getting a joint policy. First Call have come up with £60.80 for a joint cover as opposed to nearly £177 with AA.

Has anyone used First Call and what are they like? I travel about 100 miles round trip to London every other weekend and I need to know that they are reliable and not a bunch of cowboys.

Thanks.

Comments

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have heard of a few problems with them.
    Can give you anything specific but it may well be worth using the search facility.

Have you considered using Autoaid.
    It's a pay & claim policy, so you have to pay for recovery and submit a claim but they pay out within 14 days.
    Have heard lots of good things about them.
    The policy is £32, covers married spouses and all vehicles.
    Is "platinum" style cover i.e. homestart, rescue, recovery and onward travel (hotel, train etc).

I didn't join initially because I didn't want pay & claim but if you can overcome that objection then they can't be beat.
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i have been with first call for 2 years now, i have to call them out twice, both times an independant truck came, both curteous and helpful and both times towed me.

for the £77 cost for 2 cars (full cover) i cant complain. gone up to £84 this year

edit:

i work on the outskirts of london, so travel 40 miles twice a day 5 days a week..... both times i needed to call first call where on work days.....
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport