We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Question regarding payment of valuation fee
Perelandra
Posts: 1,060 Forumite
Hi,
First post on this board, but been reading it for quite some time. I'd like to give a general "thanks" before I start for the excellent advice I've picked up from here (... I don't think the EA liked my negotiation tactics, which certainly made THEM sweat rather than me as per advised here!).
I had my offer accepted over the weekend (yay!), and am now moving on to the next stage. My mortgage adviser has requested my credit card details for payment of the lender's valuation fee. Would this be normal practice?
On a slightly comical note, I also received an old computer in the post on Saturday... and spent rather more time on that than I did on the fact that I was now "officially" buying a house... :rotfl:
Pere
First post on this board, but been reading it for quite some time. I'd like to give a general "thanks" before I start for the excellent advice I've picked up from here (... I don't think the EA liked my negotiation tactics, which certainly made THEM sweat rather than me as per advised here!).
I had my offer accepted over the weekend (yay!), and am now moving on to the next stage. My mortgage adviser has requested my credit card details for payment of the lender's valuation fee. Would this be normal practice?
On a slightly comical note, I also received an old computer in the post on Saturday... and spent rather more time on that than I did on the fact that I was now "officially" buying a house... :rotfl:
Pere
0
Comments
-
Hi Pere
Yes, I also had to give my cc details for the valuation, although I will eventually get this refunded back to me as valuation is included in my mortgage as an incentive.
Good luck!0 -
yes providing payment in advance for the mortgage valuation is common practice... doing it with a credit card/debit card speeds things up...0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards