'MSE breaks into world's top 1,000 sites' blog discussion

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Martin's Blogs & Appearances & MoneySavingExpert in the News
16 replies 2.4K views
This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.
Please click reply to discuss below.

Replies

• Well done team - that just shows the difference you make to our lives. This site is priceless, it lets people like me think there is a way to get by.Thank you.
  • bylromarhabylromarha Forumite
    10.1K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Impressive stuff.

Well done MSE team!!!!
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • jamesdjamesd Forumite
    25.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!

One thing to watch for as rankings improve is that the amount of computing power needed for each incremental step up in rank starts to become larger as you get into the 500 to 100 ranked site range. Don't plan on linear equipment growth, it won't do the job even if your technical team are routinely wringing greater efficiencies out of the systems. The good news is that revenues are likely to grow more than enough to cover the costs.
  • NileNile Forumite, Board Guide
    14.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blooming heck, that's some achievement since the early days of MSE.:cool:

Over 1 million visits to MSE in one day:eek:..............it's absolutely amazing. Well done to everyone at MSE Towers.:T

It's good to know these figures because it helps to explain why the site is sometimes a bit sluggish but Webby and the MSE Team do a sterling job to keep things going.:A

Martin must be very proud.
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • miolieremioliere Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations to Martin and the team. That's an incredible achievement of which you should all be really proud. Onwards and upwards!
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • sabretoothtiggersabretoothtigger Forumite
    10K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome stats, well done Martins team

The uk ranking is not far off the Times and other national newspapers which is pretty impressive
  • duckbrfcduckbrfc Forumite
    31 Posts
    This is really is a fantastic achievement - well done.

Shows how many people rely on this site as a great place for information. Where on earth would we be without t'internet?
  • zierisaverzierisaver Forumite
    135 Posts
    Congrats - now that The Times is charging for reading online you'll no doubt take their place as well!
  • gatitagatita Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to all involved in making MSE the VERY best web site! you all thoroughly deserve a big pat on the back
    When man sacrifices the Love of POWER for the Power of Love, there will be peace on earth.
  • PincherPincher
    6.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the site, just not too sure who would advertise to a bunch of tariff switching, bargain hunting, disloyal band of rate tarts.

:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals