We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Argh so close!!!
Comments
-
Anyone you can borrow a small amount of money off until payday?
Have you looked in the glove compartment, on the floor, checked your sofa at home, behind the cupboards - that sort of thing?
O.K I know you probably aren't going to find megabucks but you never know.
dfMaking my money go further with MSE :j
How much can I save in 2012 challenge
75/1200 :eek:0 -
Have you signed up to your local freecycle group? It might be handy in the future, I am sure someone would have a saddle in their shed going to waste.TOTAL AT START £13606.90 27/03/2018
TOTAL CURRENT £13445.90 29/03/20180 -
sara86pink wrote: »it takes me approximately 1 - 1 1/2 hours to walk
So you're only about 3 miles away, on the light you should have at least 3 days worth of travel left!
You shouldn't be driving to work at that short distance anyway TBH, especially in a diesel - it's very bad for the engine!Trev. Having an out-of-money experience!
C'MON! Let's get this debt sorted!!0 -
I walk about an hour to work every day. It's not too bad, just listen to some music along the way and you don't even realise it. Plus you'll find the more you walk it, the quicker you will do it as you get used to the route and get fitter too
::: Total Paid Since LBM (27/05/10): £4639.85 Official Debt Gone!! :T ::::AThat money talks, I don't deny, I heard it once, it said "Goodbye"~ VSP2011: #104 ~
0 -
Well for the last couple of months I've had to do approx 10 mile each way every day because I'm taking the OH to work as he's been waiting for his bike to be ready. Thats now sorted so he can pick it up tomorrow. He usually pays half of my petrol but all his remaining money is going on food for us until pay day.
As for parking half way, I have to drive through the main town to get from my place to work so the big town is half way and there is nowhere to park.
Providing everything goes fine with the OH's bike tomorrow, I may walk to work as of Wednesday as I do need the exercise. And hopefully we can get a saddle sorted (found a cheap one already) once pay day arrives
:j *~* 2011 - TRY TO GET CREDIT CARD AS LOW AS POSS BUT STILL HAVE FUN *~* :j0 -
Most modern cars have at least a two gallon reserve. I have a diesel C-Max and when the light comes on, it shows 50 miles until empty. When the 50 miles are up, I still have 7 or 8 litres left. Found this out for the first time last week. Had 3 miles showing, filled up and my car would only take 47.5 litres into a 55 litre tank.
Anyone remember the Top Gear episode a year or two ago when they drove to Brighton in their diesel cars? All the cars kept going for quite a few miles after their tanks showed empty and 0 miles left.
Of course, this is all irrelevent if you are doing high mileage per day.0 -
I'm pretty confident my car has around 20-30 miles left in it (at least) I'm just very wary because I know when it does completely run out its going to wreck my car (and I'm selling it next month so dont need that!)
Its just a little stressful I can only afford to put £5/£6 in but im much better off than previous months
:j *~* 2011 - TRY TO GET CREDIT CARD AS LOW AS POSS BUT STILL HAVE FUN *~* :j0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards