My car is mine!!!

Options
Can't believe I mentioned this before now!!! I made the very last payment on my car today. It is now officially mine. :j :j :j

Only debt now is £250 on cc and £1350 to credit union (well, I have a mortgage too and that will be tackled when the short-term lending is dealt with). These will be hit with the savings on the car payment. Yay!!!

This site is the kick in the pants that I needed to pay my debt off sooner rather than later. Thanks all.
"Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
- Proverb

Comments

• sxi-kenny
    sxi-kenny Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    well done, must be a great feeling knowing your car is ALL yours

think ive got another 2 years before my beloved car is mine, could prob sell it and repay the finance but i like it too much to part with !
  • oakdale_minx
    oakdale_minx Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    Options
    Fab news!!! Bet you feel brilliant knowing it is now yours!
  • Dr.Shoe_2
    Dr.Shoe_2 Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    Options
    I paid the last payment for my car when I bought it. It was part of the only payment, £50!

Actaully it's a lovely car always starts on the first turn of the key, no rust and goes like hot snot!

Anyone wanna buy a 1992 Sierra 2.0GLSi?
    [strike]-£20,000[/strike] 0!
  • wishiwasarichgirl
    Options
    ooh! bet you're excited! my final payment on my little 206 is due on friday... i can't wait! thats an extra £230 per month! :beer:
    also made sure to get it serviced this month before 3yr warranty ran out so although that cost £200 :mad: i got the radiator and fuel tank replaced under warranty so hopefully that will keep it running smoothly for a while! (probably jinxed myself now, bet it won't start tomorrow!:rotfl: )

seriously though, congrats, and just don't be tempted to trade up to the newest model now:p
    Wiggly:heartpulsFB

• flower_chops
    Options
    What a great feeling for you!

However, when I read that I suddenly got "the girl is mine" by Michael Jackson/Paul McCartney in my head!

I'm a lover not a fighter!
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can't believe I mentioned this before now!!! I made the very last payment on my car today. It is now officially mine. :j :j :j

Only debt now is £250 on cc and £1350 to credit union (well, I have a mortgage too and that will be tackled when the short-term lending is dealt with). These will be hit with the savings on the car payment. Yay!!!

This site is the kick in the pants that I needed to pay my debt off sooner rather than later. Thanks all.

And I bet that, within the next few weeks, you get a letter from the finance company telling you that you were one of their most respected customers and, by the way, now would be a good time to consider trading in your car for the latest model at preferential rates:rolleyes:
    Well done!
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • K9cuddles
    K9cuddles Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Options
    Well done! I remember paying off my last car finance.. and what a relief it was to have extra money! Shame I ran straight in to another one.. for nearly 3 times as much!
    ooh! bet you're excited! my final payment on my little 206 is due on friday... i can't wait! thats an extra £230 per month!
    also made sure to get it serviced this month before 3yr warranty ran out so although that cost £200 i got the radiator and fuel tank replaced under warranty so hopefully that will keep it running smoothly for a while! (probably jinxed myself now, bet it won't start tomorrow! )

haha.. that's what I had.. lucky I sold mine nearly 5 years old.. the new owner had the joys of new radiator! Very clever thinking though!!
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 092

::£2 - CSC - Terramundi is filling up!! :: Joined 3/3/06 :: 5/2/07 - 835kg + £280 Banked!!::
    ::5p,10p & 20p - Savings Tin :: Founded 9/4/06 :: 23/3/07 - 3.2kg ::

Lost to date - 9kg (22/8/06) Next weigh in 2007!!
  • wizard3891
    wizard3891 Posts: 243 Forumite
    Options

Did you overpay on the car to get it paid quicker or was this just the end of the original term??
  • anniebooklover
    Options
    rog2 wrote:
    And I bet that, within the next few weeks, you get a letter from the finance company telling you that you were one of their most respected customers and, by the way, now would be a good time to consider trading in your car for the latest model at preferential rates:rolleyes:
    Well done!

You won't believe this story when I tell it (very abbreviated version, I promise). I worked for a well-known life assurance company and was offered the chance of redundancy. Bit their arm off to take it as I was planning on adding to the booklover clan. Got a call two months before sprog no 2 was born offering me a job by a financial adviser that I used to deal with. Took that and happily worked with him for 8 years before he took retirement. When he retired he offered me his wife's car at a discounted price AND an interest free loan!!!!!! :shocked: Needless to say was VERY glad to take the offer.

The guy that bought his business is the guy that lets me take sprog no 2 to work during school holidays and lets me have days off at no notice!!! True family man. He has just given me a 5% wage increase and given me another weeks holiday.

I am truly blessed and I know it. Hope you all can be so lucky. XXX
    - Proverb
  • anniebooklover
    Options
    Forgot to mention that car was 8 years old when I bought it and didn't even have 45,000 miles on the clock. When I told my former boss that it had sailed through its mot and didn't need any work he was amazed. Told me he had never had it serviced or mot'd without needing something done. Funnily enough, he asked me where I had had the MOT done and asked whether they serviced his make of car!!!

Couldn't imagine managing without my wee darling. Can't bear the thought of having to replace her some time in the future. :(
    - Proverb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family