We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Am i entitled to redundancy pay

Hi

anyone out there that can help me please???

i have a part time job working 22 hours a month I am 5 months pregnant, and I have just been made redundant am I entitled to redundancy pay?

Thanks

Comments

  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    If you have worked there for two years or more, then yes. If less than two years, no - unless there is a company scheme which kicks in earlier.
  • gordikin
    gordikin Posts: 4,422 Forumite
    Your age is also relevant when it comes to calculating your entitlement.
  • I have been given notice of redundancy dismissal and have been told my last day of employment is 30th June 2010. The letter states I am due 8 weeks notice pay from 18th June 2010. It also states that I am required to work out my notice to the 30th June 2010. However I am being told verbally that if I find another job before this 8 weeks period is up I will loose my notice pay. Can you confirm this is legal
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.