Some advice please

Options
I have recently tried to claim back the ppi missold to me by Lloyds TSB when I took out a loan a few years ago. I am going through a third party company recommended by this website and they are very good. Lloyds made an initial offer of £1600 but said they would not repay me the full amount. We took it to the ombudsman who found in my favour and have told Lloyds they have to pay me the full amount back, plus £100 compensation for the stress caused to me. Lloyds, in their arrogance, have just ignored the ombudsman and refused to answer any letters they have sent them. What happens now? Any advice anybody?

Comments

• melorablack
    melorablack Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    Options
    How long has it been since the ombudsman told Lloyds to pay up?

Out of interest - which 3rd party company is it? I don't think I've ever seen one recommended by this site?
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    fofo wrote: »
    I have recently tried to claim back the ppi missold to me by Lloyds TSB when I took out a loan a few years ago. I am going through a third party company recommended by this website and they are very good. Lloyds made an initial offer of £1600 but said they would not repay me the full amount. We took it to the ombudsman who found in my favour and have told Lloyds they have to pay me the full amount back, plus £100 compensation for the stress caused to me. Lloyds, in their arrogance, have just ignored the ombudsman and refused to answer any letters they have sent them. What happens now? Any advice anybody?

Hi and welcome

Do you mean they ignored the adjudicators decision?

If after being given a certain amount of time the bank ignores the adjudicators decision, then usually your case will then be moved on to the ombudsman, this may take a little time but not so long as the waiting which is normally quite long when waiting for it to be passed on to a adjudicator.

The ombudsman himself will review the adjudicators complaint, more often than not, they agree with the decision and they normally also compensate for distress and inconvenience as well.

They cannot ignore the decision of the ombudsman as they do with the adjudicators decision.

Well done though and hope you won't be waiting too long.:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    Options
    Hiya MEL. :D:j
  • dec22
    dec22 Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options
    It will passed to an Ombudsman whose decision will be final and binding. It happens sometimes that the banks don't respond for whatever reason. Your adjudicator should normally send you a letter or give you a call explaining this.

Good luck, hope you don't have too wait too long!
  • melorablack
    melorablack Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Di!!!! Hope you're ok ;)
  • di3004
    Options
    Hi Di!!!! Hope you're ok ;)

Not too bad thank you and you?:j;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors