DRO and temporary position.

Options
dimen5ion
dimen5ion Posts: 3 Newbie
edited 17 June 2010 at 9:16PM in IVA & DRO
I have been offered a temporary position, for one month. However, It could become permanent after this time.

I have a DRO and have just over 2 months until my discharge date. Do I take the job and let the Insolvency Agency know, or do I wait until the provisional period is over before making contact? I don't want to have my DRO taken away from me, and then find myself unemployed again after a month with the debt to pay. Any advice?

Comments

• bat-out-of-hell
    Options
    will it take your surplus over £50 PM?
  • dimen5ion
    Options
    With the DRO in place yeah. If it was taken away, then probably not.
  • bat-out-of-hell
    Options
    Who did you take your DRO with?

The problem is DRO's are still a bit new, and it is not clear if any leeway will be given if the average for the year is less than £50 PM, as it would if you went Bankrupt, or if it has to be less every month of the DRO period.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    From the guidance:
    The Insolvency Legislation requires a debtor to notify the Official Receiver if there is an increase in their income during the moratorium period applicable to their order.

The legislation is in force to detect when an individual no longer meets the parameters for a DRO i.e. their disposable income exceeds the existing parameter (currently £50 per month).

Whilst debtors are clearly required to comply with the legislation, they should not overly worry about small increases in income affecting their eligibility, as provided the increase in benefits or income does not increase their income such that the parameter is breached, no further action will be taken by the Official Receiver

I think that's pretty clear but come back to me if you think it isn't!
  • bat-out-of-hell
    Options
    I did not mean the text was not clear fatbelly, just how it was applied.

As we know not everything is applied to the letter;), its how those last two lines are applied in relation to the ones above.

As in, if normaly the excess is only £10 pm but for one month it rises to £100, then back to £10 for the rest of the DRO, then, by the letter, it exceeds the existing parameter for one month, but averaged over the 12 months it does not, so the question is, is it applied litraly, one month over the existing parameter and the DRO is revoked, or is a bit of commen sense applied ?
  • jamesb1239
    jamesb1239 Posts: 648 Forumite
    Options
    I suppose it depends on how honest you are and how much risk you want to take as I'm now discharged from my DRO and the last time I heard from the IS was......... when they sent the letter to tell me it had been granted, no follow up, no new SOA or anything.

I suppose it could be different for everybody and they may get a second SOA from a random selection to check, but I dont know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure