Help with claiming PPI

Options
Hi im after some advise and not sure were to start im wanting to claim back my PPI from my credit cards and my loan.
My credit cards were taken out in 2006 and the PPI there still active do i firstly cancel the PPI before i send a letter and also do i have to get all my statements from 2006 with it on and add it up myself?.I ddint even relise i didnt have to take it out i was quite gulable then even more so when i took out a loan with natwest years before and like a idiot i kept geting more added on it wasnt till last year i stoped my PPI with them can i still claim and do i need my copies of my paper work before i send the letter.
Thanks Nic
A.B.[STRIKE][/STRIKE]C[STRIKE][/STRIKE].D.E.[STRIKE]F[/STRIKE].G.H.I.J.K.L.M.N.O.P.Q.R.S[STRIKE].T[/STRIKE].U.V.W.X.Y.Z
0.00/10k

Comments

• BigCraigJohn
    BigCraigJohn Posts: 1,082 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can cancel asap, prob best putting it in writing, sending recorded and keeping a copy just so you have proof it was sent.

As for the ppi, you have plenty of proof its being paid but it might not be a bad idea to do a SAR and see what they have or just request details for the account.

They will do all the calculations for you.

Just remember to keep everything in writing and send all letters recorded or banks have a habit of losing them. :)
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Nic

As BigCraigJohn says, give it a go.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

The Financial ombudsman service (FOS) have recently issued Questionnaires, for the reclaiming purpose instead of writing letters, you will see this as Stage one on above link.
    Complete and send and remember to save copies as well, and post by recorded delivery for your proof of posting.
    They have 8 weeks in full to respond.

You only require the account number really to make a start on the reclaiming, to request for further information/paperwork is not really essential, not unless you require them for any reason, for this you can request a Subject Access Request (SAR), there is a template for this on link below, you enclose £10 cheque or postal order and they have 40 calendar days to comply.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553

Good luck, please keep us posted.:)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • pink1310
    pink1310 Posts: 223 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you i will get on with it this weekend!!
    nic
    A.B.[STRIKE][/STRIKE]C[STRIKE][/STRIKE].D.E.[STRIKE]F[/STRIKE].G.H.I.J.K.L.M.N.O.P.Q.R.S[STRIKE].T[/STRIKE].U.V.W.X.Y.Z
    0.00/10k
  • dec22
    dec22 Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options
    Personally I would send my complaint in about PPI on the loan and credit card and they will then automatically cancel the PPI as part of the investigation. It is up to you really. The FOS questionnaire that Di has told you about in an earlier post needs to be sent to RBS PPI Concerns office in Manchester, the address is in the A to Z of bank addresses. If you can't find it just shout!

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport