Nationwide - time frames

Options
Hi All,

I am currently in the process of claiming back PPI from nationwide for a loan that I originally took out in 2004 and then topped up in 2005

So far I have had two letters back from them, the first one telling me they are looking into the complaint and aim to get back to me by the 2nd of July, then another on the 4th of July telling me they are still looking into it and aim to have a response by the 1st of August.

Any ideas how long this sort of thing usually takes? I am expecting from reading this site for the next letter to say they are not willing to pay back the PPI and then me have to take the next step.

Just finding it abit frustrating that its taken 3 months for them just to look into the complaint. Is it normal to take this long?

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    a_n_t wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am currently in the process of claiming back PPI from nationwide for a loan that I originally took out in 2004 and then topped up in 2005

So far I have had two letters back from them, the first one telling me they are looking into the complaint and aim to get back to me by the 2nd of July, then another on the 4th of July telling me they are still looking into it and aim to have a response by the 1st of August.

Any ideas how long this sort of thing usually takes? I am expecting from reading this site for the next letter to say they are not willing to pay back the PPI and then me have to take the next step.

Just finding it abit frustrating that its taken 3 months for them just to look into the complaint. Is it normal to take this long?

Hi and welcome

The normal timescales is that of 8 weeks, but some will request for extra time, this may be because they have so many backlogs to deal with and they want to take their time to investigate into these complaints.

You are however, entitled to move your complaint on to the financial ombudsman service if you hear nothing at all by 8 weeks, but if they have been keeping you updated and not ignored your complaint, it may then be worthwhile waiting for the decision, even if you have to chase it up now and again.

Hope you do get a good outcome out of this, fingers crossed, please keep us posted.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • warmedup
    warmedup Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Good advice Di, I have a claim for PPI mis-sell on a Nationwide CC and to be fair they have acknowledged my letters and stuck to any timescales they have given. Even though the current situation is NO rebate we are onto round 2 and expecting something back early July.

a_n_t are you right with your dates, or just wishing the year away??:)
    Keep at them

all the best
    Warmedup
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    warmedup wrote: »
    Good advice Di, I have a claim for PPI mis-sell on a Nationwide CC and to be fair they have acknowledged my letters and stuck to any timescales they have given. Even though the current situation is NO rebate we are onto round 2 and expecting something back early July.

a_n_t are you right with your dates, or just wishing the year away??:)
    Keep at them

all the best
    Warmedup

That's the way - never back down.:T:D
    Fingers crossed.:)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income