Subsistence Allowance from a overseas posting back to UK

My hubby and are returning to the UK from an overseas posting and are struggling to find the daily subsistance rate. His admin department can't give him a definate answer and we keep getting conflicting amounts. I've checked JSP and found the UK rate, but can't see anything about overseas. I'd like to know the daily rate broken down into each meal breakfast,lunch and dinner. Would appreciate if anyone can give me a jsp chapter reference or link to the info.

Thanks in advance
DFi2009
Nearly debt free....at last Roll on July 2010

Comments

• AFF_company_representative
    AFF_company_representative Posts: 90 Organisation Representative
    Hi DFi2009,

The subsistence allowance is paid on a daily rate per person over the age of 2 years. The rate is Euro 52.28 and is not broken down to individual meals. To claim subsistence you must provide all receipts and meals must be of a sit down nature. The JSP is 758 Chapter 8.

HTH

Kind regards

AFF
    "Official Organisation Representative
    I am the official organisation representative of the Army Familes Federation (AFF). MSE has given permission for me to post letting you know about relevant and useful info. You can see my name on the organisations with permission to post list. If you believe I've broken the Forum Rules please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. This does NOT imply any form of approval of my organisation by MSE"
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    My hubby and are returning to the UK from an overseas posting and are struggling to find the daily subsistance rate. His admin department can't give him a definate answer and we keep getting conflicting amounts. I've checked JSP and found the UK rate, but can't see anything about overseas. I'd like to know the daily rate broken down into each meal breakfast,lunch and dinner. Would appreciate if anyone can give me a jsp chapter reference or link to the info.

Thanks in advance
    DFi2009

The JSP you require is the JSP 752 (TRI SERVICE REGULATIONS FOR ALLOWANCES).

You will find Subsistence Allowance described at Chapter 3, Section 1.

The rate of Subsistence Allowance is shown in JSP 752 Chaper 1, Section 6 (on Page 3).

Unfortunately the copy on the RAF (airspace) website is not updated (its version 10.2), as its showing the 2009 rate of £27.01

I cannot tell you what the Euro version of the allowance is, but i would of assumed it was multipled by the FFR as LOA is still being paid.

I would suggest reading the JSP 752, and contacting your local admin staff as this is what you will be claiming against on JPA.

Let us know what you find.

Regards,

Alias
  • fb1969
    fb1969 Posts: 560 Forumite
    edited 21 June 2010 at 4:27PM
    The UK Rate of Daily Subsistance (DS) is £26.28 wef 01 Apr 10. The rate covers all meals within a 24 hour period and is not broken down on a meal by meal basis. If DBB is booked instead of BB the rate is ababated by £4.48. That info is in the JSP as Alias has posted.

Overseas DS rates are hidden away on the intranet. They can be found via the front page of JPA, then library, pay allowance and charges, overseas subsistence allowances.

The rate for Germany wef 01 Jul 10 is showing as E50.40 (wef 01 Jan 10 was E53.73), I don't know why these are different to what the AFF Rep above is saying and I don't mean to question them.
  • AFF_company_representative
    AFF_company_representative Posts: 90 Organisation Representative
    fb1969 wrote: »
    The UK Rate of Daily Subsistance (DS) is £26.28 wef 01 Apr 10. The rate covers all meals within a 24 hour period and is not broken down on a meal by meal basis. If DBB is booked instead of BB the rate is ababated by £4.48. That info is in the JSP as Alias has posted.

Overseas DS rates are hidden away on the intranet. They can be found via the front page of JPA, then library, pay allowance and charges, overseas subsistence allowances.

The rate for Germany wef 01 Jul 10 is showing as E50.40 (wef 01 Jan 10 was E53.73), I don't know why these are different to what the AFF Rep above is saying and I don't mean to question them.

Hi there,

The info we posted came directly from an RAO in Germany, so had no reason to doubt the accuracy. No probs about questioning our post, the main thing is that DFi2009 gets the correct info! I'll get back to my colleagues with your info, so thanks for that :)
    "Official Organisation Representative
    I am the official organisation representative of the Army Familes Federation (AFF). MSE has given permission for me to post letting you know about relevant and useful info. You can see my name on the organisations with permission to post list. If you believe I've broken the Forum Rules please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. This does NOT imply any form of approval of my organisation by MSE"
  • fb1969
    fb1969 Posts: 560 Forumite
    the main thing is that DFi2009 gets the correct info! I'll get back to my colleagues with your info, so thanks for that :)

Agreed :) I didn't want you to think I was contradicting your info.

I've just looked again and the rate wef 01 Jan 10 was actually E50.46 from the link I mentioned. The documents aren't listed in a very user friendly way and the rate in my last post was wef 01 Jul 09.

Being in the UK we rely on the info on that link so it will be interesting to see which is correct.
  • Many thanks for your replies guys. JSP is a minefield and it's knowing where to look. Will pass it onto MR DFI2009 so he's knows what the rates are. Admin haven't been forthcoming and this has helped us no-end. Thanks again DFi2009
    Nearly debt free....at last Roll on July 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport