Compaint rejected on appeal

Options
I have had my complaint rejected on appeal regarding my Egg credit card PPI reclaim

can anyome tell me if there is anything else i can do, I'm pretty deserate to win this as its worth about £4k and it would pay for me to be off on 6 months maternity leave which starts in Oct,

Any help really really appreciated#

Thanks

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    If you have received a final response from Egg then you are free to use the Ombudsman service now. If its not their final response then you can write back and reiterate your complaint and get their final response.
  • Andy_Boro_2
    Andy_Boro_2 Posts: 163 Forumite
    edited 2 August 2010 at 8:18PM
    Options
    have you gone as far as the ombudsman yet? if not download the questionnaire complete and send it off, you may be struggling for october though as i beleive FOS has a large backlog
  • Andy_Boro_2
    Andy_Boro_2 Posts: 163 Forumite
    edited 2 August 2010 at 8:18PM
    Options
  • daylad
    daylad Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hi,

this was a final decision from the FOS, is there still anything I can do, dont mind when i get the money as long as i get some back!!

thanks
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    daylad wrote: »
    hi,

this was a final decision from the FOS, is there still anything I can do, dont mind when i get the money as long as i get some back!!

thanks

Hi there

Do you mean you have already complained to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) and they have rejected your complaint?

Thanks.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • daylad
    daylad Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hi,

yes they rejected my complaint, i know that some people have won with Egg so i dont know what i did wrong with the FOS but any help much appreciated

thanks
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    hi,

yes they rejected my complaint, i know that some people have won with Egg so i dont know what i did wrong with the FOS but any help much appreciated

thanks

Hi

So I take it this was reviewed as well?

Did you request for your case to be looked at by another adjudicator?
    If not your able to ask for this.

And with not knowing your reasons for making a complaint, as it also depends with what reasons others who have had dealings with these as well.
    I do understand an online application can be difficult, but having said that, many I believe have still been successful.

Was yours an online application?

And if so, when you completed the form, did EGG only accept your application because you ticked for the insurance cover?
    (in other words did you originally say no, but the form would not go any further until you accepted the PPI)?

Or did they sell the PPI on the phone?

If so you could request for a copy of the phone recordings, and if and when you receive these, contact the FOS again and tell them you have further information which you think would be of some help to your complaint.

And another thing, have you requested an Subject Access Request (SAR), where you request for all the info they hold on you, you enclose a payment of £10 cheque or postal order, they have 40 calendar days to comply.
    SAR letter template here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553

Sometimes you require further information to back your case, it will make the case a stronger one.
    You could therefore ask the FOS to reconsider reviewing even if you request for another adjudicator etc.

Otherwise, someone else may have more ideas on here for you.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Having PPI is not a mis-sale. How it was sold to you and if that was compliant with the rules or not is the issue.

It looks like that it has been ascertained that no rule breach has occured. We cant really comment on that because you havent given us any information on why you think it was mis-sold to you.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi

So I take it this was reviewed as well?

Did you request for your case to be looked at by another adjudicator?
    If not your able to ask for this.

And with not knowing your reasons for making a complaint, as it also depends with what reasons others who have had dealings with these as well.
    I do understand an online application can be difficult, but having said that, many I believe have still been successful.

Was yours an online application?

And if so, when you completed the form, did EGG only accept your application because you ticked for the insurance cover?
    (in other words did you originally say no, but the form would not go any further until you accepted the PPI)?

Or did they sell the PPI on the phone?

If so you could request for a copy of the phone recordings, and if and when you receive these, contact the FOS again and tell them you have further information which you think would be of some help to your complaint.

And another thing, have you requested an Subject Access Request (SAR), where you request for all the info they hold on you, you enclose a payment of £10 cheque or postal order, they have 40 calendar days to comply.
    SAR letter template here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553

Sometimes you require further information to back your case, it will make the case a stronger one.
    You could therefore ask the FOS to reconsider reviewing even if you request for another adjudicator etc.

Otherwise, someone else may have more ideas on here for you.;)
    Usually FOS would have checked all this out beforehand about phone calls and how the PPI was taken out though. This is what they do isn't it before they dismiss a complaint. If they do not then they are not really doing their job in listening to both sides.
  • Annisele
    Annisele Posts: 4,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options

If it was definitely a "final decision" - signed by somebody with the job title "ombudsman" - then you can't pursue it any further through FOS. Your only option would be to take Egg to court, but if FOS has already issued a final decision stating that no compensation is due then I don't fancy your chances in court.

(If it was an adjudication, an assessment, an opinion, or anything else issued by an "adjudicator", then it should have told you how you can refer your complaint to an actual ombudsman).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure