CitiFinancial PPI

Options
I had a loan with Citi but could not find paperwork. I checked my credit reference file with Creditexpert and managed to get the loan details, monthly amount, start date, satisfied date and the last three digits of the loan reference. The loan finished in 2006 but Citi are saying that they purge all documents after five years therefore they cannot find any trace. I have now forwarded this onto FOS as they are saying that without paperwork they are not prepared to look at this. Has anyone had anything similar and if so what happened or can someone give me advice.

Thanks

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    kb8376 wrote: »
    I had a loan with Citi but could not find paperwork. I checked my credit reference file with Creditexpert and managed to get the loan details, monthly amount, start date, satisfied date and the last three digits of the loan reference. The loan finished in 2006 but Citi are saying that they purge all documents after five years therefore they cannot find any trace. I have now forwarded this onto FOS as they are saying that without paperwork they are not prepared to look at this. Has anyone had anything similar and if so what happened or can someone give me advice.

Thanks

Hi there
    Maybe if you requested a Subject access Request (SAR) it will then be a different matter, they have to comply by the law of the DPA (data protection act) and even if they don't hold the info from when you taken out the loan, you should receive at least something, and its normally 6 years and not 5.

You could contact the information commissioners office (ICO)
    https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx

SAR here, however you have to enclose £10 postal order or cheque payment for this request, they have 40 days to comply, if they cannot give you any info then they have to return your payment with a letter to explain.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553

hope this helps, do not give up on this.
    Good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family