🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

PPI Help....

Options
Hi,

I am thinking of starting a claim using your wonderful site :A but can anyone explain,

1. How can i prove i was missold PPI?

( I was told by EGG i had to take PPI to be accepted for the loan, how do i prove this?)

2. I was self employed at the time.

Thanks

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I am thinking of starting a claim using your wonderful site :A but can anyone explain,

1. How can i prove i was missold PPI?

( I was told by EGG i had to take PPI to be accepted for the loan, how do i prove this?)

2. I was self employed at the time.

Thanks

Hi there

Check on the link below for further information which is helpful.

How was you sold the policy, by telephone/internet?

And also check your policy booklet for self employment as some do protect for this, if you do not have this, they should supply them to you on request.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

However, as they told you you need to take out the ppi to be accepted for the loan, you do have a case to go by, but do check on the above thread, and the guidelines of reclaiming, you will come across the FOS questionnaire for customers use to complete and send to whom sold you the policy, keep a copy as well, and they have 8 weeks in full to respond.

FOS questionnaire - Stage one of reclaiming.

If this was sold over the telephone, then it would be a good idea to request for the copy of the recordings.

Good luck, ask for further help if required.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • tina_cameron_2
    Options
    Many Thanks for your advice, i did apply via telephone but i am not sure of dates, i will just request this information and see how i get on.

Thanks again :money:
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Many Thanks for your advice, i did apply via telephone but i am not sure of dates, i will just request this information and see how i get on.

Thanks again :money:

Hi tina and your welcome

Another way to request for your information is a Subject access request (SAR), they have 40 calendar days to comply and you enclose £10 cheque or postal order payment.
    SAR template letter here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553

Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family