my name is sillybilly and i am a debtaholic.....

Options

Comments

• sillybillyme
    sillybillyme Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    hi all

i won a competition last month where i won up to 200 free 6x4 photo prints at asda so i oredered them and picked them up today. did spend £3.50 on a new album for them though, so i have been sorting them out and putting them in there this afternoon!!! :D

apart from that i have decided to join the pad challenge where i will hopefully try to either put some money into my debt each day or add to my boys savings account, might be even just 20p but i supposse it all adds up in the end!!!! :T

xxx
    I love to give homemade gifts. Which one of
    my kids do you want?
  • crapwithcash82
    crapwithcash82 Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi all and thanks for your replies :beer:

i dont ebay at all but maybe i should!! :) i dont actually think i have anything to sell that people would want but might be worth a try i guess so thanks for the idea!! :D

well today i have stayed in to stop me spending!!
    i have just recieved my proof of no claims from my old insurance company. my insurance ran out last month so i shopped around and managed to save myself £109!!! :T

just got to send the proof of no claims off to direct line now so will post that when i do the school run.

have not paid any debt today but i did transfer £5.00 into each ds saving account so now they have £50.00 each. saving for when they are older and want to start driving lessons but the rate im going they will only get about three lessons each!!! :rotfl:

xxxx

Hello again! Yes ebay is great, I usually just stick things on for 99p to see what I get for them, I figure even 99p is better than keeping lots of clutter I don't need! Have convince my H2B that we need to have a massive clear out of stuff from the loft so I will be going ebay crazy over the next few weeks, I love a clear out! :T

Did you get your car insurance via Quidco or one of the other cashback sites? I got £28 cashback, plus my direct debit came down from £26 per month to £17 so I've saved some money and got myself some nice cashback too! I really like quidco, have been using it for coming up for 2 years in July and I have had £499.16 so far!

I know what you mean about wanting to save for your DS's futures, I am the same with my DD. I took her to the bank on Monday this week so we opened a little account with £50 she had that she'd got from relatives etc for birthdays. I thought it best to start her in the way of saving money instead of always getting to buy things with it - I really don't want her to turn out like me with money when I was in my teens!!
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hi sillybillyme.

Well done on working hard to clear your debts.
    As said above, ebay is great to clear the clutter, i usual stick stuff on for 99p and if it sells its a bonus, its free to list at 99p and you wouldn't belive what people buy and its always the things that you think won't sell that go for silly money.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hi sillybillyme.

Well done on working hard to clear your debts.
    As said above, ebay is great to clear the clutter, i usual stick stuff on for 99p and if it sells its a bonus, its free to list at 99p and you wouldn't belive what people buy and its always the things that you think won't sell that go for silly money.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • sillybillyme
    edited 5 July 2010 at 3:12PM
    Options
    hi and thanks for your replies.

no i didnt get my car insurance through quidco but i have used it before and think it is great!! :T

well ds2 has sickness bug today so cant go far which means no spending though!! :D

still got some cleaning to do before i pick ds1 up from dance club so thought i would right my list on here for a bit of motivation!!

still to do

[STRIKE]hoover[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]polish[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]tidy garden and pick up dog poo!! [/STRIKE]i hate that job!
    [STRIKE]wipe over kitchen surfaces[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]make my pad[/STRIKE]

i need to check my bank account to see how much i can affored to pay today towards debt/boys savings

at least it is a lovely sunny day again today!! YAY!!! :j

xx
    my kids do you want?
  • sillybillyme
    Options
    pennywisepoundstupid has reminded me about surveys, i have been registered to toluna and another one i cant think of :think: for ages and used to do them every night so i will check my points on there tonight and complete as many surveys as i can. :T
    my kids do you want?
  • sillybillyme
    Options
    just paid £20.00 to my asda credit card, need to go food shopping but hoping to keep the cost right down for that as i really dont have much money left at the moment, need to stop using my card for silly purchases :mad:
    my kids do you want?
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Silly billy you can join some survey sites through pigsback and quidco, might be worth having a look if you don't mind doing surveys.
  • sillybillyme
    Options
    pennywise - i dont mind doing surveys so i will definatly take a look at others. thanks.

well i was going to go shopping tonight if ds2 was feeling better but when i checked my emails i found a free delivery code that expires on 9 july so used that and done my shopping online instead!! :j

spent £51.09 (free delivery on orders over £50) quite pleased with myself as i had to get washing powder and kids toiletries this week too.

going to tidy up after dinner in a min but really cant be bothered i feel really tired. i hope im not coming down with what ds2 has had!!! :eek:

xx
    my kids do you want?
  • sillybillyme
    Options
    good morning :j

i have paid £20.00 towards my catalogue today. i have made all my min payments this month plus a bit more so if i can i will continue to throw money i have at the debt and see what my new figures are when i recieve my next batch of statements!!! :o

waiting for my asda delivery to come this morning so just having a general tidy up after breakfast (i dont know how kids can make soooo much mess!!)

filled out some surveys on toluna last night i think i am about halfway to getting a £15 love 2 shop voucher so will continue with them tonight. also need to check out other sites i can sign up to.

filled in some comps from on here last night too so fingers crossed ha ha!!!!! :rotfl:

hope everyone else is enjoying the sunshine!! :T

xxx
    my kids do you want?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business