🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Facing Facts (and figures!) - £500 a month challenge

Options
2»

Comments

• debtbegone
    debtbegone Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Options
    Hello!

Just thought I'd pop in to wish you luck, you're title and username! caught me :)

I'm aiming for roundabout the same as you - hoping to be able to get £500 off the cards each month starting August, though I've got about two grand more to get rid of. Really need to get my bum in gear as I need to move out too!

Definitely don't cancel your lovefilm altogether, I downgraded mine to the same package as you and it keeps me that wee bit sane! I know I'll be getting two films/dvds from a series a month so I'm not doing silly spends on "cheap" dvds at the supermarket :) (and I can hide out in my room for a while and watch them too :T)
    The debtWILLbegone - taking it 1% at a time
    Grand Total Owed:
    [STRIKE]£11,000[/STRIKE]£9962 Kicking the evil HBOS card's butt: [STRIKE]£4920[/STRIKE]£4495
    1% (£50) at a time member #121 - 11/100

• Polaroid_2
    Polaroid_2 Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks debtbegone! :D One of my housemate takes my reclusive-ness personally & keeps asking if I'm alright. Makes me feel guilty but I like my own space!!

2nd £500 payment made. £1000 down :D
  • Polaroid_2
    Options
    Payday on soon & I'm paying £1000 off this month. Eating away at it at last! :D
  • Polaroid_2
    Options
    I decided to just pay £500 off as I have the MOT due this month & car tax. Booo!! Anything left after that will be transferred!! :) I should also be getting some compensation for my whiplash soon. Friends in the insurance biz think I'll be in for £2k. That would be v.useful!

Major money problem at the moment is my eBay addiction! I keep buying clothes thinking they're cheap but as I'm losing weight none of it fits so I'm relisting it all. Ho hum! LESSON LEARNT!
  • Polaroid_2
    Options
    Had a bad bad day. Work is super busy so got a cheeky McDonalds (£3.69). Got to my room to hide myself away and put on my jammies... yes I'm like an old lady!! Anyway housemate races out of his room before I can shut my door. He doesn't leave me alone!!! He's so needy and has an extraordinary way of making me feel guilty. He obviously wants a best mate (or girlfriend?!) not just a housemate whereas I just want a room to sleep and store my stuff!

Plus someone helped themselves to Clinique goodies. Reeeeeeally annoying!!

It's a good kick up the bum though. Paying off the debts = my own flat & peace... Just thinking about it gives me goosebumps! Can't waaaaaait!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport