Are Lloyds the worst bank ever

Options
I have had no end of trouble with Lloyds but I did make a successful reclaim of PPI on both a loan and a credit card with them. Only had to send a stage one letter for both and they agreed to refund all monies paid plus the usual 8%.

However, 2 months on since agreeing their offer I still have no refund. Is there a time limit on this?? They are a nightmare to phone as you get redirected to the other side of the planet so calls are very expensive usually with no outcome!!!

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• zppp
    zppp Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    Options
    I have had no end of trouble with Lloyds but I did make a successful reclaim of PPI on both a loan and a credit card with them. Only had to send a stage one letter for both and they agreed to refund all monies paid plus the usual 8%.

However, 2 months on since agreeing their offer I still have no refund. Is there a time limit on this?? They are a nightmare to phone as you get redirected to the other side of the planet so calls are very expensive usually with no outcome!!!

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

I would send them a letter quoting the reference in you stage one letter to query when this will be repaid. Do you still have a loan with them? They may have paid directly into your loan account if this is the case.
    Best Regards

zppp :)

• rockitmurray
    Options
    I sent them a letter on 18th May, still no response!!

The loan is still live but they haven't paid it into that as the balance is still the same as is the monthly payment quoted (still with PPI!!!)
  • robbedofmymoney
    Options
    hi

send an e-mail to their customer services department and copy in their CEO,
    list down the chain if events, explain they have found in your favour, and that you accepted their offer on xxxxxxxxx,
    remind them you wrote to them requesting time scales and that they ignored your letter,
    politely ask them what their policy on refund time scales are, and when you can expect yours.

you will hear something within 24 hours

good luck and let us know how you get on

cheers

[EMAIL="Customer.Care.Insurance@lloydsTsb.co.uk"]Customer.Care.Insurance@lloydsTsb.co.uk[/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="eric.daniels@lloydstsb.co.uk"]eric.daniels@lloydstsb.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    I'm proud to say that the banks no longer take money from me after becoming debt free
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Yes definately chase them up.

So far with our 3, it have been 21 working days after they received back the signed acceptance.

Good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Foggster
    Foggster Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    Options

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

What number are you telephoning, the one we are using is in Newport, South Wales and there is no need to be passed around as the people who answer are able to help.

You should have a reference on the letter they sent and 0845 300 5599 telephone number.

I have to be honest, although I am having some problems getting the last smallish amount out of them I have had a pretty positive experience with Lloyds through all my four claims.
  • Andy_Boro_2
    Andy_Boro_2 Posts: 163 Forumite
    edited 2 August 2010 at 8:26PM
    Options
    i find all the banks these days are terrible to deal with, i work in the mortgage industry and have no end of trouble with barclays in particular
  • rockitmurray
    Options
    Apparently refund is on the way after emailing today. I'll let you know if this materialises!!!

Thanks for advice/comments everyone
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Apparently refund is on the way after emailing today. I'll let you know if this materialises!!!

Thanks for advice/comments everyone

Brilliant, well done! :beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • funkyfilly
    funkyfilly Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,i have been succesfull with my claim with lloyds tbs for my cc ppi,i sent the stage 1 letter and 2 weeks later they wrote and said i would get a refund,6 weeks after i sent the acceptance form i recieved a letter dated 10th june saying i would be recieving £2795 and it would appear in my bank account within the next 45 days.

Can anyone tell me if it will be the full 45 days,this is a bit crazy considering all they have to do is type a few things into the computer and send!! If it does take 45 days do you get another 45 days interest or is this their way of getting some intrest back on it before they pay.

Many thanks in advance :j
  • Diddles1978
    Diddles1978 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    They said the same 45 days when the refunded my credit card PPI, give it a couple of weeks and if nothing appears give them a ring to say you havent heard nothing for a while and is their a problem?They then refunded the amount the next day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure